• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

700x question

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
now that I now know that I have to remove all the painted panels.
I am now have second thoughts.
it is the case of should I have it painted........
Black/Red similar to the new 'S' model apart from the wheels?
or just stick to as planned.green/Grey, Blue/Grey.
just to the green bit will cost me £75.00 ...$113.00

22721254388_f2cb5fccfe_z.jpg

so those with a black bike does it shows all the dirt/scratches etc..
black graphite is that a metallic paint?
I've not seen a black NC so far.

Last edited:
Mine is a 2014 all black, it shows everything around here as our dirt is light colored.
I'm planning to pull most of the plastics and get it painted like the white/black ones in Canada & the EU during the winter.
I've got estimates of around $1000.00 to get a job that lasts well on a bike. :(

I would never own a black vehicle. I'm totally done with dark colors. Never again. However your bike is your bike and you should paint it as you wish.

Honda already did the black/red thing on the Goldwing. They're doing on the NC750S. Meh. It's boring. Do something with bright, fun colours - something that Honda is afraid to do.

I would advise leaving some silver as is and do some panels in yellow, lime green or medium blue.

Last edited:
I'm all over the board when it comes to this stuff, lol. I think my favourite paint jobs on bikes ever, are the classic Honda red white and blue colours, but I also love all black or all white. I love camo and olive drab. I loved that black and red S model you showed earlier!

I confess to not being super keen on the silver/green theme myself, but I applaud the desire to make any kind of personal change and make the bike more your own.

I like the green. Might be mistaken for a Kawasaki though............

My father raced and owned race cars and sprint cars, and his number one rule is that you never ever paint a vehicle green. Green is for losers!

If I hadn't chosen to paint mine burnt orange, I'd have done it in the color of the grey/blue Goldwing. That way I could have retained some panels as stock grey and spruce it up with the blue.

image.jpg

But the hi-viz is my all time favorite. However, I understand that paint color tends to fade easily, and it would clash with my clothing.

image.jpg

Last edited:
So You Don't Like All Blacks

I have a new 2014 all black x

What catastrophes are about befall based on its black color?

Green is for British cars. Red is for Italian cars. Sliver is for German cars. Japanese cars are, oh I don't know, beige with beige racing stripes?

For years Honda, being a traditional company, wouldn't produce a car in true red or black. Red/black hold some kind of significants (don't remember what) in their culture. In 1983 Honda finally broke from that when they produced the Civic S (the first S "performance" model from Honda) which was only available in black or red. I had a black one.

I know I would never buy a black car ever.
my son had one no matter what he did he couldn't remove the scratches or swirls.
it was a pig to keep clean.
yes it look like I've answered my own question.
I was thinking of a small area it may not be so bad.
I must admit I like the 1st one that I put up Red/White,Blue
but my son/wife said they don't like it so their comment put me off a little.
they don't make it easy for you do they.
8457968852_03019332d1_c.jpg

here is a slightly darker green but I wont be going down that route.
23485276552_0fd553c507_b.jpg

green/black....

23525668301_91df9bb875_b.jpg

Last edited:
well I got all the panels off this afternoon .
took about an hour.
just front fender to come off now.
all stickers removed except the nc700x
flies all the other stuff behind the panels.I'll give it a good clean tomorrow.
that video certainly made things easy.

I would not paint that center section of the lower cowl green. All the tar and crap from the road ends up on that piece, not to mention that the rocks will chip the paint.

The version of green you showed above that looks better. I think the highlight of the NC700X bodywork is the design of the fucts, frunk and front side panels. I'd want to accent that area with the color, not make it all black.

Last edited:
at last we both agree this the colour I'm going for.
honda magna red or similar...
View attachment 27780

That being the case, just buy some panels already painted by Honda instead of painting yours. That way whatever you do in the future, you can easily sell some panels since they would be stock colours.

Most people seem to agree on red as an acceptable colour. Honda knows that and that's why they build so much red stuff.

buying panels cost to much here. the painting will only cost me $114.
can't get any cheaper than that.
by the time I'm ready to sell the bike it wont be worth much.
I'll be a pensioner next year! so money will be tight.

Back