• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information 3D Printed Rear Seat Fuel Hole and Gas Cap Cap

Gundy

Reaction score
Visit site
I designed a tapered insert and matching cap for easy fuel fill ups.
Like many of you, I regularly use the passenger seat and also have no patience to unpack my stuff on trips and fiddle with the unlock mechanism.
I used a 79mm (3 1/8in) hole saw through the bottom, cut/folded the seat material inwards, and just hot glued the insert on the seat bottom for now as a prototype.
Pretty happy so far, everything is functional with gloves on. We will see how it holds up to the elements.
It also doubles as a cup holder haha

2014 NC750X

Attachments

• NC750 Gas Cap Off.jpg
    NC750 Gas Cap Off.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 91
  • NC750 Gas Cap On.jpg
    NC750 Gas Cap On.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 90
That is a brilliant idea and excellent work!

I have to save these pictures for the next post "I would buy a NC750X but no way I'm unpacking my stuff off the seat to fill it." Very nice work.

I have to save these pictures for the next post "I would buy a NC750X but no way I'm unpacking my stuff off the seat to fill it." Very nice work.
Haha absolutely, there's a good selection of alternatives out there now! Thank you, the power of 3D printing is really amazing.

Looks good, you should sell a kit easy money to this group. When I was packing the back seat the unpacking was a pain at fill ups. Then I started packing the gear together sleeping bag, tent,tarp,etc in one bunch and use 2 Rok straps at the rear grab handles. Gas stops went very fast I would loosen the Rok straps roll the bunch forward on the drivers seat lift lid and gas up.

Looks good, you should sell a kit easy money to this group. When I was packing the back seat the unpacking was a pain at fill ups. Then I started packing the gear together sleeping bag, tent,tarp,etc in one bunch and use 2 Rok straps at the rear grab handles. Gas stops went very fast I would loosen the Rok straps roll the bunch forward on the drivers seat lift lid and gas up.
There you go, when I got my first NC in 2012 I did lots of camping with no more than a 46 liter top box and a large roll top dry bag. I used two large crossed Rokstraps for the dry bag and it was no more hassle removing the bag to fill the tank than removing a tank bag from a conventional gas tank.

Back