• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

38 day, 8,571 mile journey ends.

From a newbie to the Forum--thanks for the details on your bikes and equipment--made me realize the NC is an adequate touring bike--no need to go for a used BMW R1150RT! Great trip-definitely will put it on my bucket list as well!

It doesn't list any seat modification or change. Ouch ! After 50 miles on this bike I changed out the seat. Good fun for you two -- thanks for the post.

It doesn't list any seat modification or change. Ouch ! After 50 miles on this bike I changed out the seat. Good fun for you two -- thanks for the post.

He talks about that on page 2. They both made changes to the seat.

I had my original seat reupholstered by Parkland upholstery in Washington State. It has a lot more surface area and padding than the original seat. I also did the slope change on the seat that has been mentioned on this website.

and.....

Jody used a Corbin seat. We live 1/2 hour away from Corbin so he rode into the shop and had it custom shaped.

I did mention about the changes I made to my seat on page two of this post. Even with the changes I made we still took frequent breaks each day. The longest stretch we had was was a 130 miles without a break. Frequent rest stops was the key to our success!!

Fantastic achievement, from what I have seen, the US is a beautiful country. Don't limit yourself, Europe, Africa and Asia are all fantastic as well...(never been to Austalia, NZ...YET)

Back