• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 X impressions vs. my old 2012 S

Kiernan

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my new 2016 X yesterday and rode it home. A few observations and comparisons.

1) It's tall. Wow. At stop lights I was looking over a lot of the cars. I'm average at 5'9.5" and it's ALMOST too tall. The S was much lower.

2) It rides and handles wonderfully. I don't know if the U.S. versions have more plush suspensions or if it's a model difference, but this X absorbs road imperfections way better than my S did.

3) The new instrument pod is cool. However, with polarized sunglasses on and my helmet visor down, everything is washed and I can barely read it. I'm either going to need new sunglasses or switch to a tinted visor. I never had this issue with my old S.

4) The taller windscreen really helps! I never rode over 85 KPH in Japan (53 MPH) and even at that speed I had a ton of wind resistance. I rode this one up to 60 MPH yesterday and was comfortable the entire time.

5) It felt like the foot pegs were a little farther back on the X. It may just be because of how tall it is throwing off my perception.

Overall, I really like it. I'm going to try to get it out more this weekend to get a little more of a feel for it.

NC700X Small 1.jpg

There is a 'dimmer' feature on the display, maybe an adjustment would help? A nice 'feature' of the internal sun visor (drop down visor) on my Nolan N86 helmet is that I can see under the tinted visor to look at the display and mirrors.

I used the GMAX GM54s helmet. The internal visor can be raised or lowered to any place you need between fully rectracted to full on. I usually ride with it so that the darkened visor DOES NOT cover the instruments but DOES shade the road ahead.
At $161, it's an excellent choice.

[HERE] is a link to the Hi-Visibility version in my size XXL for $134.
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Back