• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015 DCT / 2014 DCT - Any differences?

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
So, my loan has been approved and I go over to the dealer to start talking the prices and which bike to get. Are there any MAJOR differences between the 2014 and 2015 model of the NC700X DCT?

If I go with 2014, I could possibly get a few hundred knocked off the price, and that would be nice, but if there are innovations in the 2015 model that make it a better bike overall (price excluded) then that would be my preference.

No major difference. Possibly no minor differences either. The Honda Web site stills shows older models on their latest pages, so they didn't even bother with a new picture. Buy the 2014. Check the tires. If they are Dunlop Trailmax, expect very short life. Ask dealer to replace them free or give a steep discount.

Better yet buy a 2012 or 2013. No significant differences there either other than a still lower price. Tire and instrument problems arose with 2014, so older ones are better.

Last edited:
What ever you get (14 or 15), ask about the trip meter issue and make sure if it's a '14 you buy, that it is fixed before you take it out the door.

I think I got a good deal. Jacket, helmet and brand new bike, $8000 out the door. 2014 Honda Nc700x DCT. Will get photos as soon as I can. Picking up Friday. Photos and videos do not do this bike justice.

I went with black. Never been a fan of red on vehicles. Black has always been my favorite color on vehicles.

Excellent choice, if I may say so myself.

(Ahem)
11ba8e1a95491e11cc468e71e060e040_zps9b86b118.jpg

:eek:

Can't wait to get it on Friday. I dont care it is supposed to be 20 def (f). I am gonna take it for a spin around the neighborhood. Need to get a GPS/Phone mount added to it, though. I will need that, I plan on getting lost come spring.

Can't wait to get it on Friday. I dont care it is supposed to be 20 def (f). I am gonna take it for a spin around the neighborhood. Need to get a GPS/Phone mount added to it, though. I will need that, I plan on getting lost come spring.

Congratulations. The best thing about a GPS is the pre-programmed "Home" button.

Congratulations. The best thing about a GPS is the pre-programmed "Home" button.
I preset my home button about a mile away from home.if it ever gets stolen they know you are not home and get your house while gone.just a thought.

Deckyon: Congrats-where did you buy it, over the river at C&C powersports or one of the dealers in the Louisville area. The high Friday afternoon is supposed to be around 38'F, 20% chance of rain. Saturday, high of 49'F but 90% chance of rain (so it will rain). Hope to see you riding it around the area. I live in southern Indiana but work on southside of Louisville. That's at least 3 of us on the forum which live/work in the Louisville area.

what, what is this 'lost' concept you speak of??? While on the bike, I may not know where the heck I am sometimes, but I am never lost- pacific ocean is to the west (actually for me, the Mississippi river is to the west-cant miss it), Atlantic ocean to the east, Gulf of Mexico to the south, and Canada to the north-only way points I have to know on some weekends of riding:cool:

I think I got a good deal. Jacket, helmet and brand new bike, $8000 out the door. 2014 Honda Nc700x DCT. Will get photos as soon as I can. Picking up Friday. Photos and videos do not do this bike justice.
You did get a pretty good deal I paid 9,000 just 5 months ago.

Deckyon: Congrats-where did you buy it, over the river at C&C powersports or one of the dealers in the Louisville area. The high Friday afternoon is supposed to be around 38'F, 20% chance of rain. Saturday, high of 49'F but 90% chance of rain (so it will rain). Hope to see you riding it around the area. I live in southern Indiana but work on southside of Louisville. That's at least 3 of us on the forum which live/work in the Louisville area.

I got it over the river at C&C. They treated me pretty well. I think I got the deal because the 2015 model was sitting right next to the 2014. Not my first time working with salesmen. I picked a couple other things up today at the cycle store on Hurstbourne. They are having a bike night Jan 9! I am definitely gonna make it up there. I also get up to Barrett Bar once in a while with the Vintage guys. Great place as well. One of them were the first to point me to the NC700. I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to pick it up.

Deckyon; I know which bike you bought. I stopped in there in November for a look around and they had the bike out front-some guy rode it around the block for a test-he brought it back quickly-he didn't like the dct. I was on my NC700x so he started asking a bunch of questions. #1 question I hear from people-do you like it-my answer-I have had it 1.5 years (now) and have xxxx miles on it (now 18,000+ miles) ;)
Hmm, may go over to bike night next week. Problem, I get off work at 3:30pm and hard to justify staying in Louisville for a couple of hours afterwards. Never been to the Barrett Bar on their weekly bike nights, may start this spring/summer.

Back