• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014 NC700X - Not 750

Does anybody else get the feeling Honda gathered up the remaining unsold 2013 models, swapped out a few bits, and is going to sell them as the US version of the 2014 model?

Nothing to base it on whatsoever, but I can't help wondering if the US market isn't about to be fed table scraps.

I can see that. Which would account for why we will have black as an option.

There is no guarantee the 750 will come to the USA or that the 700 will continue to be sold after 2014.

If that's the case, that would make potential buyers even more reluctance. I am currently riding a 1984 CB450sc that Honda orphaned. If a ***** to find info on the bike, let alone parts.

If that's the case, that would make potential buyers even more reluctance. I am currently riding a 1984 CB450sc that Honda orphaned. If a ***** to find info on the bike, let alone parts.
If you want one then buy it. Otherwise it might be gone soon enough. That was my point - sorry I wasn't more clear. I can't see agonizing over this decision but I only know my own references. I waited 5 months to get mine while others were saying "I never buy a first year machine, what if there is something wrong with it?". Now others are saying "I'll wait until the 750 gets here". Well, it might not get here. Cheers.

Does anybody else get the feeling Honda gathered up the remaining unsold 2013 models, swapped out a few bits, and is going to sell them as the US version of the 2014 model?

Nothing to base it on whatsoever, but I can't help wondering if the US market isn't about to be fed table scraps.
I think it is illegal to remove an established VIN and establish a new VIN and MSO on new bikes originally built for other markets to be then sold in the USA. In the 80's the flood of grey market imported cars and bikes that did not meet FDOT and EPA requirements prompted this IIRC. I thought this came to be in the Automobile Information Disclosure Act or one of the subsequent Automobile Safety Acts. At any rate it is not easy.

Disclaimer: NC700x or NC750x is too much bike for my riding skill for now. I read a lot of current NC700x owners are very happy with their bike. My question is for new potential buyers like myself, why would you buy a 2014 NC700x in North America when you know the NC750x will come eventually? Same goes for 2014 CBR300R. It will be interesting to compare sale figures between 2013 and 2014 for these 2 bikes.

PS: I lust over the 2014 CB650F too.

If I did not own an NC700X yet, but wanted one, I would not be lusting over either the 2014 NC700X, nor some future maybe NC750X. With 2 model years behind us now, I would be buying a well cared for, used or leftover 2012 NC700X, saving a bunch of cash, and getting a perfectly fine motorcycle.

Something else to think about: The first or second model years can be better than following year models. Manufacturing can be shifted to another country with costs cuts and quality reductions.

In the case of the GL1800 Goldwing, the 2001 and 2002 models had frames that were welded more sturdy than the 2003 and 2004 models. The 03s and 04s were the first ones subject to a frame recall, if I remember correctly. Later, all models were inspected and repaired if necessary, but the recall resulted mostly from failures in later model years, not the first and second year. So, you pays your money and you takes your chances.

Greg

Last edited:
Now that you mentioned it, there is a brand new 2012 NC700X with DCT for sale at $6600. WOW! how much when it just came out? Left overs on 2013 models are discounted for $800 and 2012 for $1200 in Canada...

Honda NC700X Light Silver Metallic (DCT ABS Model Shown)

Hahaha! Dealers just crack me up. It says "DCT ABS Model Shown" and then the pictures CLEARLY show a manual transmission, non-ABS model. What a bunch of idiots. Notice there is a clutch lever? Notice there is no wheel speed pickup ring on the front wheel?

00w0w_lwf9KaLBmT2_600x450.jpg
00G0G_fpnhwYNruuh_600x450.jpg

Be careful when you shop on the Internet, especially with dealers.

Greg

Last edited:
If I did not own an NC700X yet, but wanted one, I would not be lusting over either the 2014 NC700X, nor some future maybe NC750X. With 2 model years behind us now, I would be buying a well cared for, used or leftover 2012 NC700X, saving a bunch of cash, and getting a perfectly fine motorcycle.

Something else to think about: The first or second model years can be better than following year models. Manufacturing can be shifted to another country with costs cuts and quality reductions.

Greg

That's exactly what I did 2 month ago, bought a leftover 2012...I wanted a black or nothing NCX(the 2013 is red in Canada) plus saved a lot of $. All I want now is that spring and summer and hot weather come back north and ride, ride, ride...whatever which model year it is or 70some more or less cc or a couple more or less gadgets...
I want to ride my NC as much as I can in 2014 !
Man is it only at the beginning of November and I'm already looking forward to the snow (not yet appeared) to go away?
Sorry about it guys it had to come out !
I'm out now going to change the oil in my snow blower !

Don't you love a HONEST dealer hard at work... I just emailed him and asked if the 2014 DCT software upgrade is compatible on 2012? LOL. I can't wait for the reply...

Last edited:
Don't you love a HONEST dealer hard at work... I just emailed him and asked if the 2014 DCT software upgrade is compatible on 2012? LOL. I can't wait for the reply...

I don't see how, since the LCD bits necessary to display the info physically aren't present in the instrument cluster. It isn't like a computer screen.

Greg

With regard to the NC, I totally agree with you. The first year NC's were manufactured in Japan. I believe manufacture may shortly move to Thailand where the 500's are assembled. Whether it be a car or a bike, my preference is to own a machine made in Japan. Previous ownership of Varaderos has led me to this conclusion after one of the bikes that I owned was assembled in Spain and the quality was not near as good as the Japanese bike. I have however eyeballed the new 500's and the quality seems to be fine.

I'm a little surprised its not a 750(for the US Market) as previously reported but I wouldnt care anyway. I'm totally happy with my NC700 as it is. I've had several liter sized sportbikes in the past and at 46 my need for speed is dwindling. The NC even loaded down for touring is still nimble and has enough torque to be adequate while being comfortable and efficient all at the same time. Adding 50 or 60 cc's to the mix wont make me want to trade. Would a NC750 cause my bike to depreciate more? I dont really care as the bike was such a bargain to start with.

Last edited:
I'm not to worried about it. I don't take long rides like the rest of you. My bike is strictly a commuter unless I get a wild hair. The stuff they are adding to the 750 definitely would not be cause for me to purchase one if they came to the US. I drive to work on primarily flat roads. There is four turns the entire route. The on ramps are huge so I don't need tons of power to get up to speed. I don't want the bike any louder and I don't notice a vibrating issue. I am happy with the NC700 as is. Not to mention I just got this bike the way I like it. I don't want to do that over again or swap all the stuff if it would transfer.

If I were that dealer I'd ask why you care? DCT bikes aren't sold in Canada, and I'd be surprised if any Canadian dealer knew much about them.

Back