• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2 years on and still on stock tyre

hwtan36

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all, am new here.

bought the nc750x in 2014, with stock scorpion trail tyres.(till now, about 2 years old)

bike is now about 5k miles+, didnt get to ride much.

do you reckon i should replace the tyre?

rode on the wet road yesterday night and doesnt feel quite "safe"

Tyres should be ok. Perhaps you could take it out on a dry day and have a good long spin around some twisty backroads to refresh the surface of the tyres after being laid up for so long. No point in new tyres just yet as the same will happen with them given your annual mileage. Tyre pressures are also to be considered.

It is possible the tire you buy as the replacement is "older" than the one on the bike now. ( highly dependent on stock rotation and travel rate at the manufacture, distributer and dealer).
No need to replace a two year old tire for aging.

thanks guys.

just checked the front is 38psi, rear 40psi

drop the pressure to 34/36, seem to ride alot better now, just that it is not wet ground tonight.
will try again, thanks!

Glad I got the Bridgestone BT023 as stock tire. I really hate throwing things away until they are used up.

I just ordered my first set of replacement tires after 3 years and 2 months and 8800 miles. I can probably get another 1500 miles from the front tire. I'll give that some thought once I get them.
I bought an exact OEM sized set but opted for Continental's Conti-Motion tires. Total cost was $186.42 for both, shipped to the house, from Cycle Gear, which is only 5 miles from me. They will install and balance them when I bring in the wheels for $25 each.
Best deal I could find anywhere.

I bought an exact OEM sized set but opted for Continental's Conti-Motion tires. Total cost was $186.42 for both, shipped to the house, from Cycle Gear, which is only 5 miles from me. They will install and balance them when I bring in the wheels for $25 each.
Best deal I could find anywhere.

At American Motorcycle Tire, $147.54 for the set, shipped free, is the best price I have found on the Motions.

IMG_0136.jpg

Last edited:
Back