• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2-up

Oldenuf

Reaction score
Visit site
The wife just doesn't want to ride pillon anymore, so didn't think I would have that space occupied on the NC. I was out for a day ride and on the way home I came upon a fellow standing on the side of the road looking to hitch a ride, and resting at his feet was a motorcycle helmet. He said he was really hoping I would stop. I dropped him off a couple hours later and he said I really made his day.

I was very surprised at how well the NC does 2-up. I weigh in at about 210 lbs, ready to ride and this fellow appeared to be about 160 lb. The power is more than enough for 2-up, The suspension and handling, as good as any machine I have owned and used 2-up.

Told the wife if she wants to get some new gear and go riding again, the NC will work great.

Art

Take my wife all the time, have done 300+ mile days...lots of stops though. Even with the Shad seat she still has to get off every 75-100 miles.

What is the tire pressure for 2-up riding?

solo is: front - 36psi and rear - 42psi

Same spec solo or two up. The bike handles fine and performance isn't really noticeably affected. The passenger seat does seem to be bad though - need to stop after an hour or so to let the passenger stretch her legs.

I often take my 17 year old son to school on the bike and have to watch myself after he gets off. The adjustment down is more of a problem than when he hops on, the bike is just so much quicker for the first 5 minutes after he hops off.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I left the plant in Little Rock and was headed down I-40. I pulled off at my exit to start taking the back roads home and there was a car on the side of the road will fluid everywhere. I stopped to ask the guy if he needed any help or maybe needed to use my phone.

That's when he popped the question. Would you mind taking me to my house? He said he only lived like 10 miles down the road.

I have ridden 2 up many times over the years on my CBR's. And no offense to anyone but it was usually my skinny girlfriends. I weight 210lbs and this guy had to be close to 300lbs. I honestly did not want to do it but this particular exit is in the middle of nowhere. It would have been awhile before he saw another car. I asked if he had ever ridden on a bike before and he said NO. Jeez. So big guy and never been on a bike in his life.

Well we loaded up and started the trip. Like others said above, I was surprised how easily she accelerated. I was actually having to try and take it easy because the bike wanted to go like she couldn't tell the extra weight was there. The corners were tricky only because the guy riding with me kept leaning the opposite way regardless of how many times I told him not to. Overall I was very impressed how the bike handled two people.

My girlfriend loves riding on the back of the S, and lucky for me speed doesn't seem to bother her. She's not the biggest fan of the seat, so when Seat Concepts gets a rear seat kit available I'll be ordering both front and rear kits for it. Like others have said, we ride for about an hour before a stop is needed.

My kids are 9(today) and 12. They both love to ride behind me. My son, 12, is bugging me to take him on a longer trip. There is a restaurant down in Tacoma not too far from HBP's dealership called "The Southern Kitchen" which has legendary pan-fried chicken, biscuits and gravy and catfish. I might stop down there one Saturday to get some nut plates then go for lunch before the summer is done. - oh wait, that just happened - summer being done that is....

I ride two up all the time and it doesn't get any better than this. a couple of weeks ago we ridden over 330 miles in one day!
that for me is an achievement, most of my rides are no more than 240 miles at the most but twice so far on this bike we've gone over the 300 mark.
brilliant all rounder as far as I'm concerned and they can stick their Rocket ship where the sun doesn't shine;)

I left the plant in Little Rock and was headed down I-40. I pulled off at my exit to start taking the back roads home and there was a car on the side of the road will fluid everywhere. I stopped to ask the guy if he needed any help or maybe needed to use my phone.

That's when he popped the question. Would you mind taking me to my house? He said he only lived like 10 miles down the road.

I have ridden 2 up many times over the years on my CBR's. And no offense to anyone but it was usually my skinny girlfriends. I weight 210lbs and this guy had to be close to 300lbs. I honestly did not want to do it but this particular exit is in the middle of nowhere. It would have been awhile before he saw another car. I asked if he had ever ridden on a bike before and he said NO. Jeez. So big guy and never been on a bike in his life.

Well we loaded up and started the trip. Like others said above, I was surprised how easily she accelerated. I was actually having to try and take it easy because the bike wanted to go like she couldn't tell the extra weight was there. The corners were tricky only because the guy riding with me kept leaning the opposite way regardless of how many times I told him not to. Overall I was very impressed how the bike handled two people.

Rightttttttt.....you didn't want to. So this was your first man bear experience and you don't want to admit it. :)

2 up Strategy

First time two up, honda 70, down two blocks to her favorite restaurant. We had to push the bike back. Just gave up the ghost.

Second two up ride, Honda VT1100, (much more comfortable) down 4 blocks to her second favorite restaurant. GLad to ride back..

Pretty much anytime now the bike comes out..... ding ding ding dinner bell is ringing. We ride out through the mountains and stop at small towns with exotic restaurants. She's much more aware now. I get a big tap tap tap on the shoulder ... "You're getting a little sloppy up there". Yes dear, time to get off and stretch. Perhaps a cup of water is due.

Wing.jpg

Sergeant Chuck,
You kind of over loaded the bike, the GROSS carrying weight is 430 lbs. You had over 500 lbs. I'm surprised the brakes worked so well? Hopefully you didn't have to make any emergency stops!
Ride safely my friend!

Sergeant Chuck,
You kind of over loaded the bike, the GROSS carrying weight is 430 lbs. You had over 500 lbs. I'm surprised the brakes worked so well? Hopefully you didn't have to make any emergency stops!
Ride safely my friend!

I wasn't even thinking about that. I felt bad for the guy stranded in the middle of nowhere. The brakes worked fine. Could even tell a difference.

Galaxy S4

The corners were tricky only because the guy riding with me kept leaning the opposite way regardless of how many times I told him not to. Overall I was very impressed how the bike handled two people.

Sounds like he took the same pillon class as my wife...

I can't see her doing it (I'm going to have to adjust the mirrors next time to see her behind me) but I swear every corner I start to lean the bike into I need to lean it harder because she is trying to climb off the other side of the bike... she swears she isn't.

To be honest though I prefer that to her anticipating the corners... trying to lean the bike for me 300+ feet before the curve (usually while I'm trying to brake) and I need to throw my weight the other way to compensate.... I'm sure we have to look ridiculous riding around and then 300ft before a curve the bike wobbles as she leans left then I lean right, then as we enter the curve she goes right and I go left...

But other than not having a cargo net big enough to hold my wife down in the back the brakes and throttle both work very well with two people on them. License test in MN had a question about "when riding with two people what should you do?" and the answer was something to the effect of "Go faster" I think they intended for it to say "open the throttle more to go the same speed" but Don't even feel I need to open the throttle more to keep the same speed... I'm trying to convince my wife to ride more with me as an excuse to get out of speeding tickets.... "I'm sorry I was speeding officer but the test question said I needed to go faster when I had a passenger!"

Back