• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

'16 NC700 and CB500X

I bet you dollars to donuts the base price be 8k now for the manual. Like how the storage has been increased.

edit: on second look, does the seat slope look different to anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there are three (four maybe?) existing threads on this basic topic, with little connected bits of old and new info in each one, lurking about in various areas.

Just a head's up- please don't be surprised if there is a multi thread merge or a thread move at some point in time, and for gosh sake please don't get all :Grrrr: if one or two accidently get stuck betwixt and between each other, and it's perceived as removed or censored, or whatever angry people think happens, when stuff gets sorted :confused: :mad:

;)

I think there are three (four maybe?) existing threads on this basic topic, with little connected bits of old and new info in each one, lurking about in various areas.

Just a head's up- please don't be surprised if there is a multi thread merge or a thread move at some point in time, and for gosh sake please don't get all :Grrrr: if one or two accidently get stuck betwixt and between each other, and it's perceived as removed or censored, or whatever angry people think happens, when stuff gets sorted :confused: :mad:

;)

Merge away, I find that very helpful!:cool:

The 700 must still be selling well enough to satisfy American Honda. In Europe the 700 met the 47 hp restriction for the new A2 license requirements. When the 500s came to market two years later the 700s that were sold in 47 and 51 hp versions competed with 47 hp 500s. It made sense for Honda in the EC countries to derestrict the 700 to the 750's 54 hp to separate it's sales from A2 license holders that are limited to 47 hp. In the US we always got 51 hp models.

all nice updates, not enough for me to trade mine in for the next year model.

I like to see seat, suspension, LED all around, some refinement to the engine on the next model and i would be all over it

It's refreshing to see the 500 now comes in a color other than the usual shades of black/grey/white, or red. I think it looks really sharp. Too bad the NC didn't follow suit.

The tail of the NC looks cleaner but they still chose style over function with all that air space above the rear wheel, some of which could have carried more gasoline. The new muffler integrates much better than the old can, and I mean can. It appears Honda may be continuing that silliness of requiring replacement grab rails if you want to buy their rear rack. In addition, I see they discontinued the fuct :( (fake duct). Lastly, I think the sharper creases and angles of the 2016 NC impart a bit too much origami style. The body work looks choppy. The smoother lines of the original NC are more relaxing to the eye. My observation is that history shows rounder, softer styled vehicles become classics more often than those with sharp angles.

If I were buying one of these two based on looks alone, I'd get the 500 in Matte Brown.

Last edited:
2016-Honda-NC750X-Adventure-Tokyo-Motor-Show-1.jpg

I agree but why not the NC750x?

I have recently ridden the 750. To be honest, the 750 motor is not really that much better than the 700. I was on both back to back. The 750 is a little smoother to be sure but in the power stakes, not by much. I would be perfectly happy with the 700 motor and all the bits that are coming with the new model. Of course suspension is the most important aspect for me and I would also consider DCT.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks nice to me but not enough for me to trade in.
as for racks I can still make them guys much cheaper than Honda plastic rack.
2016-Honda-NC700X-Silver-Metallic-DCT-ABS.jpg

The ad looks like normal stock photo. If you notice the nc700 in the picture has the silver/gray engine (2012-2013 engine color). The Nc700 engine color was changed to black in the 2014/2015 models; unless Honda is going to go back to the silver/gray engine color for 2016.. Anyone see a new 2016 at the Expo in Florida a few weeks ago?? Seat angle looks the same to me, and increasing to 5.8 gallon trunk is a 1 Liter increase from 21 to 22 L.

Looks to me like the new engine color is a combo. Engine cases look grey but the clutch cover and valve cover are charcoal.

honda-nc750x_adventure_2016_010-12.jpg

Looks like the new frunk lid has been changed to allow for a tank bag to be attached.
I'd be interested in just this lid as an upgrade to my 2012.

The ad looks like normal stock photo. If you notice the nc700 in the picture has the silver/gray engine (2012-2013 engine color). The Nc700 engine color was changed to black in the 2014/2015 models; unless Honda is going to go back to the silver/gray engine color for 2016.. Anyone see a new 2016 at the Expo in Florida a few weeks ago?? Seat angle looks the same to me, and increasing to 5.8 gallon trunk is a 1 Liter increase from 21 to 22 L.

Here is a comparo 2012 vs 2016 model reference profile- I haven't seen any in the same post, yet :D

12_NC700X_Det_01.jpg

2016-Honda-NC700X-Silver-Metallic-DCT-ABS.jpg

Back