• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

$15 Advanced Auto LED Driving Lights-Installed!

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Wanted to add LED driving lights for better highway visibility (for OTHERS to see ME) for my morning commute. After looking around at "motorcycle" specific lights I had no desire to drop the kind of money most go for. Most cases seems you are paying for the housing more than anything.

Came across some LED driving lights at Advanced Auto Parts for $15. 20 white leds in a chrome and silver housing. They match the bike well enough I came up with an easy way to mount them (and unmount them)quickly.

As you can see, I just used the existing fender bolts. Ran the ground to the frame using the bolt that hold the brake line retainer to the lower tree. For power I ran directly into the plug housing for the headlamp (piggyback off of the WHITE wire). Wired this way the LED lights will turn off when you switch to high beam.

Anyway, here they are:

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

Again, I added them to make me more visible to others rather than for road illumination. They seem bright enough to do the trick. Cheap enough not to worry about. If they work out I will probably plasti-dip them black (or not :p ) and make a better looking bracket.

Back