• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

12v plug.

Nortwestrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a heads up for anybody looking for a cheap/water proof 12v plug.Cycle Gear has these for $9.99 right now.
I have one on my sidecar rig and it's been in rain for 1,000's of miles and still works great.I bought another one today for the X.It comes ready to mount to 7/8 and bigger bars or flush mounted.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366251321.826429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up for anybody looking for a cheap/water proof 12v plug.Cycle Gear has these for $9.99 right now.
I have one on my sidecar rig and it's been in rain for 1,000's of miles and still works great.I bought another one today for the X.It comes ready to mount to 7/8 and bigger bars or flush mounted

How does it connect to the electrical system?

I just bought a marine grade 12 volt plug for 10$ at the local Canadian Tire (hardware store up here). Has a neat little mounting plate and seals up against moisture. Perfect for what we need.

I have not installed it yet on my X,but the one on my sidecar rig ( GS850 ) is wired to a aux fuse panel.
As far as adding 2 plugs it all depends on either how tall the pos bolt is on you battery or how many ports you have on a aux fuse panel.weather or not the battery can handle 2 plugs all depends on what you have plugged into them!!.

Thank you. I ordered the honda oem one and the honda shop had a battery tender/cig outet attachment for 20 I picked up. The honda plug I'm going to install in the frunk for cellphone charging and the battery tender on I'm going to put up near the handle bars for my gps. Thanks for your input.

Pic ???
Open the frunk and at the back remove that screw, then on the inside of the fairing near the handle bars remove that plastic clip and slide the silver top piece back to reveal space. Also remove the battery cover inside the frunk. I did my best to run the wire along existing wires. Make sure you leave a little slack to turn the bars. Good luck.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366762117.684700.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366762133.783987.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366762154.016113.jpg

It was nice having that space. Same thing on the other side. Then a few more screws and the whole piece with the frunk latch will come out. Just watch out for the cable for the rear seat latch.

Back