• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

12 v Accessory outlet in the frunk and helmet space

Ticopilot

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a question for those who have installed a 12 volt socket in the frunk and wear at least a size XL helmet. Has the size of the exposed part of the socket made it impossible or difficult to put away or take out your helmet from the frunk?

Mine is almost flush and took up no additional space. I installed it up high on the "drivers" side. If you have something plugged into the socket, then it might be in your way. I did have a low-profile USB charger plugged in though and it didn't cause me any problems.

A word about the 12 volt socket. It comes with a one amp fuse which blows if you think hard. Plus, when it blows it is buried under so much bodywork that it requires an hour of tech time to get to it. We replaced the one amp fuse with a 5 amp fuse which is wrong I know but I just wont try to run too much off that circuit. GPS is soldered to the socket and I charge a cell phone or an iPad (2.4 amps) so I hope the wiring will hold up to all that. If a new install is in order, insist that the dealer put the fuse in an accessible place.

A word about the 12 volt socket. It comes with a one amp fuse which blows if you think hard. Plus, when it blows it is buried under so much bodywork that it requires an hour of tech time to get to it. We replaced the one amp fuse with a 5 amp fuse which is wrong I know but I just wont try to run too much off that circuit. GPS is soldered to the socket and I charge a cell phone or an iPad (2.4 amps) so I hope the wiring will hold up to all that. If a new install is in order, insist that the dealer put the fuse in an accessible place.

I ran into the same thing. I need to pull my plastics to get access to the stupid fuse. It's a PITA for something so simple. I am moving mine when I take it apart this next weekend.

Tim

Back