• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CB500x off road kit

Adventure Motorcycle - Giant Loop set to Distribute CB500X Adventure Kit

Seems Giant loop are the distributors on the other side.

I am looking very closely at this little package. The Rally Raid Website should be up at the weekend per themselves. I am off to look at the base bike today. A friend bought one for his Son but now it appears he might keep it for himself when the Son is finished with it. That is just the basic bike also.

It is interesting that Rally Raid picked this bike for this treatment. They were always KTM based for their parts. However it is possible that Adventure folks going on long trips have become fed up with carrying a pile of spares for 690KTM's.

I have noticed another old bike creeping into the Adventure fleets of late. That is the KLE500 which has an unburstable motor and is not too dissimilar to the CB motor. Lighter bikes are where it's at for Adventure riding. I have long been of the opinion that the very big trail style bikes are more of a liability than an asset on such trips. Just some thoughts.

Well, I had a look at the base bike today. It is neat and reasonably light. I would of course have to factor in the extra height with the kit installed. What I found interesting was how similar it felt to the NC to sit on, albeit the little bit of weight it has, is situated a little higher.

I then tried to picture myself riding this bike offroad at speed and it was not coming together for me. What seemed like a good idea on paper was not coming across as I sat astride the bike. I am not going to pursue this line any further right now. I am however going to look at other options. Now if only they sold the XR650L over here.......

Handlebar Comparison, CB500X to NC700X

I'm trying to compare the size of the CB500X handlebars to the handlebars of the NC700X. Does anyone know if the bars are the same on both bikes. I'm interested in the width, height, and pullback of the CB500X's bars in comparison to the NC700X's bars. I'm trying to see if some Handguards that I like, that fit the CB, will also fit the NC?
Thanks for any knowledge you can pass along?:rolleyes:

I'd just like to buy the wheels! Pick up another pair of rotors and a rear sprocket and then I could swap back and forth like I do on my DRZ400SM. Obviously some fender adjustments would be required. I am correct in remembering the CB500's use the same wheels and brakes as the NC right?

Vodapas, no, different size wheels, different size rotors, different size calibers; calibers have different bolt pattern-they really are not interchangeable unless major configurations made to the bike-probably be cheaper to buy a cb500x and have both in the stable. Oops, sorry, the wheel size is same "17" but the braking system is different.

Last edited:
Vodapas, no, different size wheels, different size rotors, different size calibers; calibers have different bolt pattern-they really are not interchangeable unless major configurations made to the bike-probably be cheaper to buy a cb500x and have both in the stable. Oops, sorry, the wheel size is same "17" but the braking system is different.

Thanks David. Should of figured that would be too easy of a solution. Oh well, I'll stick with the DRZ for the rough stuff and hope the Africa Twin proves to be as capable as I'm hoping it will be.

Just got this link from Rally Raid today.

cb500xadventure

Lots of info on there. Bits on the US side of the pond can be obtained from Giant Loop.

While I have more or less for now discounted going down this route, the CB however is not entirely off my radar. It is a neat little bike. I like neat.

Some pics of todays test ride bike......

P1040838.jpg

P1040839.jpg

P1040840.jpg

P1040841.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality photos. It was a wet day and these were taken outside the shop. I was mostly on poor surfaced backroads and a little offroad. It was the Stage 3 bike with all the bells and whistles. I won't be purchasing.

Do they sell the Suzuki DR 650. At the price point, a rock solid, simple machine. Lots of aftermarket, and has a built in system for lowering.

Rally Raid is a UK company. Not sure if they do the DR but I don't think so as they haven't been for sale over these parts for a few years.

Back