• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OFF ROAD on the NC700XD

vman1313

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a video of me at Currahee Mountain near Toccoa, GA. The service roads there are nice and not too smooth and and not too flat :) The best parts are the spurs off of the main roads. Most of the gates were closed on this day so the really good stuff was off limits but still found enough fun to show off some of the capabilities of the NC700XD.

I am so surprised at the NC700XDs ability to hit up dirt!

[video=youtube_share;aJdTMudp5k0]https://youtu.be/aJdTMudp5k0[/video]

Last edited:
Very Enjoyable to watch. At first I thought you had damaged the exhaust system, but then I saw the aftermarket pipe. I once went down some tracks like that and the header on the bike just forward of the silencer took a big hit which nearly wrecked it. I bet you had fun though. My only reservations were that you were doing it alone. After that effort I am looking forward to further clips from your adventures.

That was awesome. You're in my neck of the woods. I spent a lot of time up on Currahee and down in the Refuge when I was in high school. It's been a while though. When did you ride up that way? I work about 15 minutes from there.

Very Enjoyable to watch. At first I thought you had damaged the exhaust system, but then I saw the aftermarket pipe. I once went down some tracks like that and the header on the bike just forward of the silencer took a big hit which nearly wrecked it. I bet you had fun though. My only reservations were that you were doing it alone. After that effort I am looking forward to further clips from your adventures.

1. Yeah...its an aftermarket exhaust and I HATE it! Its too loud, sounds like the header is crapped up, and I want it quieter so I can be a little more stealthy. :cool:
2. I COMPLETELY agree I should not have been out there "experimenting" alone as I am a very safety conscious person BUT in my defense, I was suppose to be ridding with a buddy who backed out on me 2 minutes before I got there. Good friends are hard to find! :mad:
3. Thanks for watching...stay tuned for more! :D

That was awesome. You're in my neck of the woods. I spent a lot of time up on Currahee and down in the Refuge when I was in high school. It's been a while though. When did you ride up that way? I work about 15 minutes from there.

Hey fellow Georgian! I was there yesterday between 1PM and 5PM. Love that place when the gates are open...its ok place when side gates are closed.

Well then we both just missed a "Seen in the Wild" post. I was on Dicks Hill Parkway in Mt. Airy at 5:00. Good times.

Great video! Looks like I need to plan a Georgia trip sometime or you need to come to Arkansas.

Get some off-road pegs. Work a whole lot better than the stock ones for standing up.

Thanks for sharing. Wish I were close to that type of riding. The sound of your NC reminded me of a video of a guy who took a Harley with a sidecar down the TAT.

One other aspect of that clip that I liked and forgot to mention....the commentary.

I must admit it added very much to the clip and was amusing at times. More of that too please.

Great video! Looks like I need to plan a Georgia trip sometime or you need to come to Arkansas.

Get some off-road pegs. Work a whole lot better than the stock ones for standing up.

Thanks...and you are more than welcome to come down to GA and I will tour you around our awesome North GA Mountains...AND I would love to come to Arkansas to ride with you! Its funny you say that cause I have been talking to a guy from Arizona and with a group from Miami about a "motorcyclist exchange program" where we can go to each others areas and get shown around the best roads in the area. Only locals know the good stuff!

Any suggestions on which off road pegs work best on our NCs?

Thanks for sharing. Wish I were close to that type of riding. The sound of your NC reminded me of a video of a guy who took a Harley with a sidecar down the TAT.

I hate the sound of my bike :( but I will fix that soon! I want her STEALTHY! Come to North GA and I will show you some great roads...on or off or both!

One other aspect of that clip that I liked and forgot to mention....the commentary.

I must admit it added very much to the clip and was amusing at times. More of that too please.

I am not sure if I like to hear myself talk...Vlogging...lol...but I really do appreciate your positive comment about my commentary. I did a video that had a great balance of 1/3 vlog 1/3 music and 1/3 just natural motorcycle sounds and would like to see if I can make videos with a good balance of each thing. Thanks again!

Thanks...and you are more than welcome to come down to GA and I will tour you around our awesome North GA Mountains...AND I would love to come to Arkansas to ride with you! Its funny you say that cause I have been talking to a guy from Arizona and with a group from Miami about a "motorcyclist exchange program" where we can go to each others areas and get shown around the best roads in the area. Only locals know the good stuff!

Any suggestions on which off road pegs work best on our NCs?

If you come to Arkansas I'll do my best to show you around. They say 85% of Arkansas roads are dirt. I haven't ridden 1% of that yet. I've met some great people to ride with on advrider. They have scheduled group rides for small and big bikes.

As for off-road pegs I have the swmotch and the knight design pegs. Both are good. I actually prefer the design of the swmotech. They have a slight angle forward which works well on the NC and I really like their removable rubber inserts for street riding. I'm currently using the knight design pegs because they are lower and I'm tall. I do have to give the knight design a thumbs up on my last ride. With my boots and the pegs packed with mud my boot never felt like it would slide off the pegs.

I hate the sound of my bike :( but I will fix that soon! I want her STEALTHY! Come to North GA and I will show you some great roads...on or off or both!

There are times I want a little more volume from the stock exhaust but not enough to change it. Being stealthy is nice and the stock exhaust is tough. Been down on it multiple times off-road with only small dents and scratches.

What tires do you recommend for doing dirt trail riding.

i am looking for a good balance between on and off road tires. So I do not have to change them out every time I am thinking about going up a dirt road. Something like what is on the KLR650?

Last edited:
What tires do you recommend for doing dirt trail riding.

i am looking for a good balance between on and off road tires. So I do not have to change them out every time I am thinking about going up a dirt road. Something like what is on the KLR650?

I am running a TKC80 up front...Shinko 805 on rear and I love them. They are not bad on road but are great off road. If you plan on doing MORE on road then off road then I suggest maybe a TKC70 or Shinko 700 series if they have it in the NC700 sizes. The 70 and 700 series are better balanced for on and off road.

Just to be sure. You did this with and NC70-XD- not a 700X? Did you use the manual mode and the two left bar switches all the way or did you ever use the sport or drive mode? How did the ABS work on the dirt road?

Back