• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The New Indian - 1100 CC

Just saw this as well. This is certainly more appealing me than the other new Indians. More than Harleys as well. I really like the engine. It's water cooled and doesn't try to pretend to look like it's air cooled with fins. It has its own styling ques; mechanical and well engineered.

Beautiful lines! But a single front disk for such a heavy bike..... I dunno...
Somehow a single front disk ALWAYS bothers me.... Even on the NC! Just my thing, I guess...

This looks awesome. I may need one. Also 11k is super cheap for such a big bike. 1100 is no joke. I love the picture of it with a windshield, bags, passenger seat and a sleeping roll on the rear rack.

Last edited:
The Indian appears to come with just a solo seat, and being I ride one, up I like this. The seat is leather. Also, you can purchase as accessory the rear seat and back rest.

IndianSeat.jpg

Beautiful lines! But a single front disk for such a heavy bike..... I dunno...
Somehow a single front disk ALWAYS bothers me.... Even on the NC! Just my thing, I guess...

Here we go again about single brake disks. . . . How can the engineers be so stupid? :confused: Clearly, we know better . . . :rolleyes:

Its got the same fuel capacity as our NCs but I'll be you can't push a tank of gas over 200 miles unless you push the bike for 50 of them... :cool:

Just when I thought I would not get another cruiser they pull me back in.I like,I like a lot.

Could you just image the smile on Herbert James "Burt" Munro - "The World's Fastest Indian" !

[video=youtube;6G4ewdvQqyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G4ewdvQqyE[/video]

2015 INDIAN SCOUT – JUST REVEALED!
The first all-new Scout in 70 years joins Indian’s lineup.

During a big celebration Saturday night at the 2014 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Indian took the wraps off the all-new 2015 Scout, a liquid-cooled machine clearly intended for riders of all abilities. This new $10,999 Indian, a “contemporary yet classic interpretation of one of motorcycling’s most famous and coveted bikes,” is the first all-new Scout in 70 years.
DETAILS, DETAILS
Indian says the new Scout, a clean-sheet design with a claimed ready-to-ride weight of 558 lb., is a “potent and precise” middleweight cruiser boasting many advanced technologies. These include a light and rigid cast aluminum frame and an all-new 69-cubic-inch V-twin engine (that’s 1131cc for you metric types) that puts out a claimed 100 horsepower. A low seat height of 25.3 inches is said to aid balance and maneuverability, while also helping this new Indian appeal to riders of all sizes and skill levels. At the same time, Indian says the excellent power and superior handling will combine to make the new Scout appeal to even the most experienced riders.

Other details include a classic “rigid triangle” design, which provides a visual link to the original Scout and teams with a pair of shocks with chrome springs. The wheelbase is 61.5 inches, there’s 5.3 inches of ground clearance, and maximum lean angle is reported to be a very substantial 31 degrees. High- and low-speed maneuverability, says Indian, is exceptional.

Naturally, we’ll have to confirm on our own with a ride very soon. But we do know that we like the look of the bike, with its solo bucket seat in tan leather, and the 60-degree liquid-cooled V-twin, a dohc mill developed in-house by Polaris for enhanced durability and reliability, is a modern design with closed-loop fuel injection and a ride-by-wire throttle. The transmission is a six-speed overdrive unit, and the claimed peak torque of 72 pound-feet is reached at 5,900 rpm. Out of respect for the legendary Scouts of the 1920, ’30s, and ’40s, Indians says the new Scout engine carries forward “classic engine design cues” that honor both form and function.

“Over the course of 30 years of countless innovations, racing wins, world records and industry firsts, the Scout has earned its reputation as a versatile, multifaceted bike that appeals to just about every rider and every riding style, with superior handling, balance, performance and craftsmanship,” said Steve Menneto, VP of motorcycles for Polaris Industries. “Our designers and engineers have taken that heritage and those characteristics and fused it into the 2015 Indian Scout, and we think just about everyone who rides this incredible bike is going to feel like it was built just for them.”
Although orders are being taken now at the company’s website, the 2015 Indian Scout, available in Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle Red, Silver Smoke (matte) or and Thunder Black Smoke (matte), arrives at dealers in late 2014

Last edited:
Here we go again about single brake disks. . . . How can the engineers be so stupid? :confused: Clearly, we know better . . . :rolleyes:

Oh, well.... I am sorry I spoke.....
Did I say the engineers are stupid...???? Did I imply that I know better...??? Why this sarcasm...???? Even the smiley can't hide it....

What's the matter, Greg? Bad weekend? ;)

Last edited:
Back