• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to move front brake hose through rubber grommets on fork?

pismocycleguy

Reaction score
Visit site
What is the secret to sliding the front brake hose through the two rubber grommets (attached to the fork in two places) so that the handlebars can be raised with risers? Need a little more hose length.
I've tried loosening the grommet mounting brackets, and tried sliding the brake hose through the grommets but can't seem to get them to budge. Is the front rubber brake hose glued into the grommets?
I would appreciate knowing the secret?:confused:

The line is glued in the grommet. You can split the grommet, peel it off, and reposition it. Or you can try to work a tiny flathead screwdriver between the line and the grommet to separate them. I split mine with a razor blade. Be careful to not damage the brake line either way.

I just had to do this. Tried slipping a screw driver under and twisting like suggested on another tread. Did not budge.
I was thinking what was the last thing that I did on my bike that had me swearing and skinning my knuckles this much? Changing tires..hmmm went and got some dishwashing detergent..bingo , few twists and pulls, done.

Worth a shot before you bring out the razor blades

And depending on what type and height risers you're installing , you may not have to raise cut or loosen the line at all. I installed a set of 30mm TUSK risers and didn't have to move any line/s.

Also remember that when you install the risers, you can then rotate the bar clamp for the brake reservoir towards the screen and gain another bit of space to relive tension on the brake line.

Back