• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Impressions

jameslerock

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Now I've ridden the bike for 500miles i can offer up my first real riding impressions. I really like the bike when riding around town , the low torque is amazing and its so easy to whip in and out of traffic! On the open road i find if i change gear quick i can get up to speed without knocking the limiter.
which when i took it for a test ride i did.
The seat is comfortable but feels like it slants forward a bit, the front tank as much as i love the helmet storage i wish it was metal , it seems to get grubby very quickly.
It feels strange after filling up for the rear to sag down a bit but not a problem and lastly something very annoying is the fuel gauge when it gets to reserve , it starts flashing so you can't see what miles your on, then it shows 0L and counts up, surely it should count down!
I wish it had a bigger fuel tank as its so economical if the tank was bigger id only have to fill it once a month but at the moment I've had to fill up at 140miles which isn't that far when commuting 50miles a day.

And why aren't Honda offering the huggers/handguards and fender extender stuff as extras. when buying a new bike especially on the finance i don't want to get it home to realise I've got to go out and pay a couple of hundred more for that.

Hi James and welcome - I bought my 750X new in March and now have 1500 miles on the clock, along with a new pair of Pirelli tyres, courtesy of Mr Honda UK.

Yes, the seat does tip you forward slightly - I have to re-position my butt every so often. You mention the 'frunk' getting grubby and wishing it was metal. Do you have the white (best and smartest) option? If so then you're right, that matt finish is harder to keep clean than a gloss one but makes no difference being plastic.

As for the fuel gauge, you get used to it. When the flashing starts I know there's a gallon left (at least 60 miles) so it's not a big deal really.

With regards to huggers, handguards etc - there's plenty of choice in the after market field and will probably be cheaper than any Honda genuine item.

Cheers, enjoy the bike.

hi del mar
yes I'm really enjoying it , i can feel an after market exhaust coming on!
i know theres lots of after market bits, i just didn't realise i needed them , most of the bikes I've had have a lot of that stuff as standard, i forgot how much you need the hugger!

Hi James, I bought mine in January and my dealer fitted a fenda extender, rear hugger, rad guard, heated grips and a 12v socket.

The grips and 12v socket were Honda accessories, the hugger is Pyramid and the rad guard is R&G, you only have to ask.

Back