• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventure Final Video - Colonial Parkway

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Had problems with the old GoPro I borrowed back from my son. Forgot it won't use larger than 2 gig card. Did manage a second section of video on the Colonial National Historic Parkway between Yorktown, VA and Jamestown, VA. It is a pleasant ride. Few curves, light traffic and fair pavement. Follows the York River then crosses the peninsula and follows James River. Scenery is great and loads of history to stop and investigate. Just seeing Colonial Williamsburg can fill several days.

Last time I was here I road a bicycle 40 years ago.

Here is the link.
[video=youtube;fZz_uwV_cLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZz_uwV_cLw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I enjoy watching other member’s videos as many times in brings back memories of trips I've made in the past. I used to live in Fayetteville, NC. I've made the trip to Williamsburg many times. Taken the tour on the mock up village and watched the people act out old time living. Visited the Busch Garden multiple times and if you want to buy Christmas ornaments your into the right spot. There must be 50 shops selling Christmas stuff on the main drag. Cool area.

Thanks for posting the video.

I used to live down there so I can appreciate a good ride/drive down the parkway

Nice one again Fuzzy

Hey, can I pester you with questions? :D

About how much memory space is used on a card in the average 3-4 minute vid? Do you film for 20 (or whatever) minutes at a time, and then later edit it down, or do you film for a few minutes, shut off, and then resume at different times/points of interest?

I was given a Kodak Playsport cam a few years ago for Christmas, but never really got the hang of how to start and stop filming.

If I just turned it on and left it, the battery would only last for the one session and/or the memory card would get all used up with endless miles of same ol' same ol', and I'd inevitably miss out on the cool stuff I really wanted to capture!

Stopping every 5 minutes to turn it on/off sucked too.

I also fretted about using a card with too much space, as I dreaded spending hours trying to edit it down to just a few minutes. (or if a card got lost or malfunctioned, I didn't want all of the filming to have been for nothing)

Tips and tricks for filming noobs? ;)

I have the original GoPro which only takes a 2 gig card and is lower resolution. A 35 minute video was about 1.4 gig.

Newer GoPros much nicer but this one was $25.00 at REI scratch and dent sale 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one again Fuzzy

Hey, can I pester you with questions? :D

About how much memory space is used on a card in the average 3-4 minute vid? Do you film for 20 (or whatever) minutes at a time, and then later edit it down, or do you film for a few minutes, shut off, and then resume at different times/points of interest?

I was given a Kodak Playsport cam a few years ago for Christmas, but never really got the hang of how to start and stop filming.

If I just turned it on and left it, the battery would only last for the one session and/or the memory card would get all used up with endless miles of same ol' same ol', and I'd inevitably miss out on the cool stuff I really wanted to capture!

Stopping every 5 minutes to turn it on/off sucked too.

I also fretted about using a card with too much space, as I dreaded spending hours trying to edit it down to just a few minutes. (or if a card got lost or malfunctioned, I didn't want all of the filming to have been for nothing)

Tips and tricks for filming noobs? ;)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This is for the Hero 3.

It doesn't split the files by the amount of minutes you shoot, it splits them by the volume that the video takes up on your SD card.The storage on the GoPro, including the SD card is formatted with a filesystem that has file size limit. The exact limit differs depending on the filesystem type that the drive is formatted in. Basically files can only grow so big. It also depends on the size of the SD card. A 32GB capacity card writes in will only allow them to write smaller size. However, the "Language" of 64GB cards is different and WILL allow larger sizes.

I'm not sure how it works for the Hero 3+

I have ridden a few of those roads! My daughter lived in Hampton, Va.. Great video and makes me want to ride back up there again. Thanks for posting all of your trip videos.

I was in Williamsburg for a couple weeks of new job training nearly 30 years ago. Great place.

There's a tunnel that goes under it, though? I never knew that! Guess I missed that.

PS. My Hero 3 w/64 GB chip saves in 2GB blocks, regardless of the image resolution I choose for the camera. 64 GB seems to be good for around 9 continuous hours of movie.

Back