• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventure - The Video

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Leaving Winchester, VA headed southwest I took VA-42. I lost track of 42 around Newport, VA and promptly got lost and just kept heading southwest. No regrets as the roads were fun and I got to my destination of Tazwell, VA just fine.

I had borrowed back my old GoPro from my son and got a little video. I probably have no prayer of finding these exact roads again so don't ask me for directions.

Anyway, here is the video.:
[video=youtube;GhGIH1SpXq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhGIH1SpXq0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

That looked very peaceful and stress relieving. You can't tell me there's a better way to "lose" yourself than with a motorcycle on those kinds of rides. Thanks Fuzzy :cool:

Every trip I make to VA I take 42 for at least part of it. That might have been Eggleston Rd (730) or Spruce Run Rd. Eggleston turns back into 42 near where 100 crosses it. I love those valley roads. I usually get off 42 at New Castle heading to or from WV. Thanks for the memories.

Hey guys, I did admit I was lost but I NEVER ASKED FOR DIRECTIONS AND DID FIND MY WAY TO MY DESTIONATION WITHOUT ASSISTANCE. :p

You mean you stumbled back onto a main road? ;) Just kidding.

Since moving to Arkansas I have intentionally took off out to no mans land to explore having no idea where it would take me. I knew eventually I'd hit a main Hwy and could work my way back to civilization from there. Those are the best rides and a lot of times you run across some pretty cool sites.

Here, riding around Indiana I am never 'lost'. Ohio river is to the south, a big lake (lake Michigan) is to the north, Wabash river to the west, and some little state beginning with an 'o' is to the east :)

You mean you stumbled back onto a main road? ;) Just kidding.

Since moving to Arkansas I have intentionally took off out to no mans land to explore having no idea where it would take me. I knew eventually I'd hit a main Hwy and could work my way back to civilization from there. Those are the best rides and a lot of times you run across some pretty cool sites.
A key piece of navigation equipment is a compass I have mounted at bottom of wind screen. If I know the general layout of an area I can just take roads on a general heading until I run into something I can identify such as a major highway or river. Makes for great exploring and find lots of interesting roads this way that are not on the state highway maps.

Here, riding around Indiana I am never 'lost'. Ohio river is to the south, a big lake (lake Michigan) is to the north, Wabash river to the west, and some little state beginning with an 'o' is to the east :)
I was in Marion, Indiana last week. Flat and straight. You can probably be in the middle of the state and just stand up on your pegs to see all 4 landmarks. :)

Fuzzy, the good riding in Indiana is in the southern part of the state (not the southwest)-we have hills, curves, a few switch backs, you just got to look for them. Heck, I have a 400' hill across from my house (reason I get 0 cell reception, 0 TV reception).

Along the Ohio river-Leavenworth, Indiana

New bridge being put in place in Madison Indiana:

My backyard:

4 miles south of my house-4 years before the Henryville Tornado went thru this location:

In my backyard :)

Back