• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A new NC750X owner

andrem

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all!

Have owned and driven my NC750x for about 4 days now and put down about 300km on it! I'm really loving it, feels great on twisty roads, very stable between traffic and can't go wrong with the fake tank - huge space!

One thing I dislike about the bike though, perhaps it's just me. It's quite hard to get a nice stable ride in slow traffic. I have to give it some gas but that makes the bike want to take of a lot more than traffic will allow.

Also, riding in about 110kmh is quite rough - the wind beats on me a lot but that's really not the bike's fault but it gets thrown around a bit to much for my liking though. Also, riding in speeds that is to much for one gear, like 70kmh, in 5th its around 2900/3000rpm but in 6th it's around 2000rpm which makes the engine growl - hard to satisfy the engine then.

But all in all - I do love the bike and i'm gonna get a few "upgrades" done to it. An engineguard, handle guards, new leavers both for the clutch and front brake and of course a new slip-on exhaust!

Has anybody sorted out new better road tires for our bike? Seems our dimensions are a bit "unique".

Regards,
André from Stockholm, Sweden.

Congrats on the new ride, Andre. Lets see some pix.
I got the NC750S about a month ago and love it. Not too sure i understand what you mean by it being unstable in slow traffic.
If its what i think you mean, Try slipping the clutch in slow traffic. I can do "standies" in slow traffic for a second or 2 (bike not moving but still upright with feet on pegs)

The wind problem may just need getting used to. Depends how tall you are in the saddle as well. And the NCx is a taller bike so more surface in the wind. I have had my NCs on the hwy
and it is fine at 110kph (and i have a mini screen compared to the X) I find the wind tough when i am around 135kph and into the wind. I do not get so much buffetting but just from
the wind pressure. Gives my neck muscles a good work out.

if you not doing any off road (i assume you got the Dunlop Trailmax tires?) You might want to look at the Metzeler Z8 (what my NCs came with)
but i think my next tires will be Michelin Pilot Road 3. Love those tires.

Welcome from Northeast Georgia, USA. Wind is a problem for me on the 700. Maybe it's because I'm coming from a cruiser background with a lower bike. I'm extremely satisfied with this one though. I've said it before, but I don't use 6th gear unless I'm at highway speeds anyway. Can't say anything towards the tires. Mine came with battlax 23s and I haven't had any problems with them.

Welcome Andre from your side of the 'pond'.

My 750X is the most stable and planted bike at low speeds that I've ever owned. The weight is carried very low (look at the extreme angle of the engine) and with no fuel up top it has a very low C of G. At highway speeds it's the same.

Tyres - a pretty common size, not sure what you mean when you say 'unique'. There are numerous options, in Europe at least.

I agree with Agent above - 6th gear really is for highway speeds above say 4k rpm. Anything less and the engine seems to labour or chug a bit..!

Welcome Andre

Check the free play of your throttle, or have you Dealer do it, just to make sure it's at the correct specification. Having a snatchy throttle can sometimes be helped with a free play adjustment.

Congrats on the new ride, Andre. Lets see some pix.
I got the NC750S about a month ago and love it. Not too sure i understand what you mean by it being unstable in slow traffic.
If its what i think you mean, Try slipping the clutch in slow traffic. I can do "standies" in slow traffic for a second or 2 (bike not moving but still upright with feet on pegs)

The wind problem may just need getting used to. Depends how tall you are in the saddle as well. And the NCx is a taller bike so more surface in the wind. I have had my NCs on the hwy
and it is fine at 110kph (and i have a mini screen compared to the X) I find the wind tough when i am around 135kph and into the wind. I do not get so much buffetting but just from
the wind pressure. Gives my neck muscles a good work out.

if you not doing any off road (i assume you got the Dunlop Trailmax tires?) You might want to look at the Metzeler Z8 (what my NCs came with)
but i think my next tires will be Michelin Pilot Road 3. Love those tires.

I haven't taken a ride on the S model but i assume you sit a bit more like on a sportbike right? The X you sit quite upright and it just looks wrong if you lean forward to get the wind to move over you, haha. But sure, it ain't to bad it's just a bit uncomfortable in the long runt but something you get used to I guess.

Thanks for the tire recommendations, I asked a few people around here (locally) and since the NC700/750 isn't that popular, tires and things are hard to come by and well, I haven't really bothered to check the dimensions of the tires since they're new :)

Welcome from Northeast Georgia, USA. Wind is a problem for me on the 700. Maybe it's because I'm coming from a cruiser background with a lower bike. I'm extremely satisfied with this one though. I've said it before, but I don't use 6th gear unless I'm at highway speeds anyway. Can't say anything towards the tires. Mine came with battlax 23s and I haven't had any problems with them.

Hey and thanks! I don't use 6th either but having 5th gear and revving at around 3000 rpm, doesn't feel right and the mpg's suffer for it but since this is my first bike perhaps i'm going about it more like a car, having the highest gear and lowest rpm for cruising.

Welcome Andre from your side of the 'pond'.

My 750X is the most stable and planted bike at low speeds that I've ever owned. The weight is carried very low (look at the extreme angle of the engine) and with no fuel up top it has a very low C of G. At highway speeds it's the same.

Tyres - a pretty common size, not sure what you mean when you say 'unique'. There are numerous options, in Europe at least.

I agree with Agent above - 6th gear really is for highway speeds above say 4k rpm. Anything less and the engine seems to labour or chug a bit..!

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, the bike is really stable but I still feel that it gets chucked around a bit to easy in highway speeds, but then again, I've got no reference from other bikes so it might be very stable - it's also my first bike so I'll have to take that into account.

So, how do you rev your engine? Do you ride in gears up to 4k rpm and then shift? I've found that around 2000 rpm then the engine feels sluggish but around 2500 it feels like it's in the sweet-zone, doesn't "scream" as much and feels like in the proper gear. But like I said, perhaps I'm going about this wrong since I'm used to driving cars.

Welcome Andre

Check the free play of your throttle, or have you Dealer do it, just to make sure it's at the correct specification. Having a snatchy throttle can sometimes be helped with a free play adjustment.

Will do, I think I read something about that in the servicemanual so i'll check that first and then give a shout to my dealer when the 1000km service comes around, which won't be long.

Hello André, greetings from The Netherlands.

On the german nc forum a lot of riders are very happy with their Pirelli Angel GT tires as a 100% paved road tire. It is not very hard to get in Europe.

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum.

I wanted to laugh when you made the comment about leaning forward and looking funny. I bet I look funny all the time. Coming from sport bikes I have a tendency to want to lean forward on fast corners. I do the same though. I lean forward and try to tuck behind my larger windscreen so the wind doesn't catch me as bad. Wind has been a discussion here often. Its something you get used to.

Back