• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why We Ride

If i were to figure it up,i have one hour a day i don't think about motorcycle .its just there all the time.

The thing that comes to mind when I see this video is my boys. For an older man I have what you would call two young boys. They are 4 & 6. I have every intention of buying a small dirt bike for both of them. After my house sells in Illinois I will be looking for something in Arkansas with at least 5 acres of land and hopefully it is wooded behind the house. Most likely I'll purchase a trailer and buy myself a large dirt bike too. Really looking forward to riding with my boys. I see the kids in that video and it makes my drive to do this even stronger.

I can't explain why I love to ride. Maybe I hould steal the HD phrase "If you have to ask you wouldn't understand" What I do know is that I can't remember a time when I didn't want to ride.As a little lad riding my push bike to primary school in my mind I was Geoff Duke or John Hartle racing at the I.O.M. or Brands Hatch. When I got a bit older I would cycle miles to watch grass track and I would save my pocket money to pay for coach trips to Brands Hatch. The longest 2 months of my life were from when I bought my first road bike a BSA C15 250 single until my 16th birthday when I could legaly ride.

I'd say, although Im close to 50 years old, Im actually still a boy who loves his toy. Why bike? It gives all the fun the boy wants: freedom feeling, adrenalin rush, adventures etc

Sent from my X508 using Tapatalk 4

The thing that comes to mind when I see this video is my boys. For an older man I have what you would call two young boys. They are 4 & 6. I have every intention of buying a small dirt bike for both of them. After my house sells in Illinois I will be looking for something in Arkansas with at least 5 acres of land and hopefully it is wooded behind the house. Most likely I'll purchase a trailer and buy myself a large dirt bike too. Really looking forward to riding with my boys. I see the kids in that video and it makes my drive to do this even stronger.

I was that little boy once, and as far as I'm concerned nothing can bond father and son(s) like dirt bikes can. My Dad is closing in on 55 and we both still love to get out and get dirty when we both have a free weekend. Little league and boy scouts are great and all, but dirt bikes is really where it's at.

I bought this movie. I watched it with my grand son. He isn't even two yet but was spell bound by this move cause' he loves all things with two wheels. It was worth the money IMHO. I bought the movie new on Ebay.

I ride for the adventure. There's nothing better than heading down the highway in the morning knowing i'm going to ride on a road I've never been to before.
I ride because it's just me out there. The motorcycle is an extension of myself, and if I prepare it, and me, with care, the ride goes well, and then so does my life. (thank you, Mr. Pirsig.)

Last edited:
A very close friend of mine that I ride with, and who taught me a lot about riding in the dirt in my younger years, alway said " if it feels good, do it ! " . And that is exactly what I do these days. All I know is that no matter how stressful life gets, even a short ride on the back roads of Ohio, does more for my mind and soul than any medicine or appt with a shrink could ever do. And it's a hell of a lot more fun to boot.

Back