• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Loud fuel pump when tank is low?

jesse096

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed when the tank is about 1/4 full, the fuel pump is REALLY loud when first turning the key. Is this a normal problem?

-Jesse

Depends on the noise. I would have to hear it myself to judge. The sound of the pump for 2-5 seconds when turning the key to on is a good thing. It tells you the pump is working.

I noticed when the tank is about 1/4 full, the fuel pump is REALLY loud when first turning the key. Is this a normal problem?

-Jesse

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary and I am below a 1/4 tank every four days. I'm curious to see what others say. Does it do this every single time your under a 1/4 or is it a sporadic thing? If your still under warranty I might give the dealer a call. Have them take a look.

I just noticed it the last 2 times I went below 1/4 tank, I'll see if it keeps happening. The bike doesn't run any different.

-Jesse

I haven't noticed any difference in sound level, but my ears spent too much time in missile silos to qualify as precision sensors these days. Isn't the fuel pump located in the NC's fuel tank? If so I would imagine the lower the fuel level the louder it will sound just due to having less fuel to muffle the pump noise.

Bob

I know that hearing the pump is a good sign lol, I mean it's a lot louder when the tank is 1/4 full.

-Jesse
sounds normal to me, i would worry when you do not here it running. i do not see any fuel pump problems on honda mc unless there from the 1980, and then it is normally is the pump relay. dale

Back