• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Clutch Squeeeell?

calfinm

Reaction score
Visit site
After a long days riding was trawling through heavy traffic and at a roundabout had to make a quick from stationary start.. There's no doubt I really revved it and "rode" the clutch hard to get in front of an oncoming truck. Had a awfull squealing noise from what had to be the clutch.. Anyone else had this? Ive never had a bike do that before, i see on a quick google that other bikers mention having done it on various bike and its slippage? Bikes only done 4000k never had the issue before and didnt do it again after that one time..

I have not experienced this. I'd have thought that a wet clutch 'could not' squeak/squeal, but perhaps I'm wrong. You sure it wasn't the intake whistle some (including me) get at WOT above a certain rpm?

Slipping the clutch can make it squeel. It can happen on 4 wheels just the same as 2, it's generally terrible for your clutch's longevity (but getting splattered by the front of a truck is far worse, do what you have to do stay safe.)

You were probably just being terribly rough with your clutch, don't do it often.

yeah I try not to behave like that on this bike, it was just one of those you have to go now and if you stall things will not end well moments!
I'm still not used to what great torque this bike has so fact is I really didn't need to be hanging off the clutch like i was anyway.
And yep I get the intake whistle but definately not that..its was a screech.
Thanks for replys..

I think the clutch squeal is entirely down to the way you were riding at that particular moment. Going by what you wrote, it reads like you decided to take a risk and pull out in front of a lorry on the roundabout.
My comment is not meant as a criticism as its something most of us have done at one time or other.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you are talking about. I've heard it a few times - always when I was trying to start off in way too high a gear and was trying use the clutch to keep the engine from stalling - feathering the clutch at about 90%. Does anyone know if the NCX has a wet or a dry clutch? I could read the service manual but that would require reading the service manual.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I've heard it a few times - always when I was trying to start off in way too high a gear and was trying use the clutch to keep the engine from stalling - feathering the clutch at about 90%. Does anyone know if the NCX has a wet or a dry clutch? I could read the service manual but that would require reading the service manual.

Wet multi-plate type
Honda Worldwide | New Mid Concept

Back