• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Leaf Foliage Routes for Vermont and Maine and best dates to see the beauty.

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
1.jpgI need all the Vermont and Maine leaf foliage routes you'll can provide to see the beauty of these two states in October. What are the best routes? What is the best dates in October to see the beauty. I have never seen the leaf foliage and I am doing it come October, come hell or high water.

SmileyMegahorn.jpg

Last edited:
I know nothing about what dates are the best for the colors foliage. I am retired, so just tell me what is the best time to see the show, and the dates you all can make the ride, and I'll be there! It would be nice to put a number of bikes riding at the same time. What great color pictures this will make!

I know nothing about what dates are the best for the colors foliage. I am retired, so just tell me what is the best time to see the show, and the dates you all can make the ride, and I'll be there! It would be nice to put a number of bikes riding at the same time. What great color pictures this will make!

I am available the weekend of October 12-13th. My wife and daughter are going to California to visit her parents, so when the cats away... ;)
Colors should be full blast around that time, weather depending

Last edited:
Definately would be interesting to get a whole bunch of NC's together to go and enjoy the foliage! Keep me posted as well and I just might go check it out also.

Man I just got some really bad news, my wife wants to go on Leaf Foliage run to Vermont and Maine. It is not that I don't want her coming along that I mind, it is because she can't ride anymore. Go in a "4 wheeler" Got my figuring hat on now!

Man I just got some really bad news, my wife wants to go on Leaf Foliage run to Vermont and Maine. It is not that I don't want her coming along that I mind, it is because she can't ride anymore. Go in a "4 wheeler" Got my figuring hat on now!

I know - you could be the very first to attached a side car to the NC700!

Fuzzy, are you going to Biketoberfest? Or, is anyone going to Biketoberfest?
I will try to schedule myself in Brunswick, GA just before and / or just after for an easy trip down for weekend. I will collect mileage for most of the trip. Will camp in the infield.

Won't know for sure until late September.

Bingo! Figuring finished.

My wife wants to go see the leafs in Vermont and Maine. You know that Alaska truck I had to purchase to get home. It's got 4 wheels (which my wife now demands) and will haul Nana Chou. So, got to go to the family weekend college football game in the hill country on 09/28/2103 at 6PM. Spend the night in Austin, get up the next morning and head for Vermont. When I get to Vermont unload the bike. Now this could get a little touchy. She has followed in the 4 wheeler many times when our kids where small. So, a foliageing we go, for a little over a week or so. This way we see all of Vermont and Maine.

Now all I have to do is to convince her that on the way back home she really wants to go down the east coast to Key West. She really likes Key West. Now is it my fault Daytona just happens to be in the middle?

Spend a few days at the track, and then off to Key West. Now all I have to do, convince her? Man after 47 years of marriage I am getting this dodge, duck, and do route down to a fine art!

Keep your fingers crossed. Hope it turns out to be a do, and not a do-do.

Last edited:
Big problem with planning this is... The colors change drastically, for the prime week you've just got to guess. I was home (NH and ME) for a wedding last week of October last year and I was about 1.5 weeks late in most areas for the prime colors. You will also have a hard time with hotels and camping these weeks if you are being sporadic. Most people pick a week or 2 book it all and hope they got it right!!!! Good luck growing up there I mss it now it sure is a thing of beauty. And if you miss the prime week don't worry there are amazing colors on both sides.

Plans ! Ain't no plans. Don't have any idea where I will stay, or exactly where I am going. This is an adventure motorcyclist skill developed over years of long distance riding. Yes, "The Evasive, Domestic Wife Maneuver". A must skill for any adventure rider.

Plans ! Ain't no plans. Don't have any idea where I will stay, or exactly where I am going. This is an adventure motorcyclist skill developed over years of long distance riding. Yes, "The Evasive, Domestic Wife Maneuver". A must skill for any adventure rider.

So OCR, when do you think you will be in the New England area? What's the plan? ;)
Would love to meet up with you if you are in the area at the same time I am free to roam..

I have hopes to leave after the September 29th homecoming football game. Will spend the night in Austin, and leave the next morning. Will be traveling slow, because one way or another my wife will be there. So should be in Vermont around the 6th or 7th. Hope this review is correct:

September 29 - October 5:
This is the best week for Peak Color in central Maine. Fall foliage color is in full swing in western and central Maine: Visit Grafton Notch State Park, Route 17 near Richardson Lake, Bigelow Preserve, Route 27/16 in Carrabassett Valley, Cathedral Pines Rest Area in Eustis, the lookout from Eustis Ridge, Mt. Blue State Park in Weld, Tumbledown Mountain Range, Greenville, Moosehead, Jackman, Lily Bay State Park, Rockwood, Sebec Lake, and Dover-Foxcroft.

October 6-12:
Best week for Peak Color in western and southern Maine This is one of the peak weeks for leaf peeping as peak conditions are coloring Maine hillsides. Visit Fryeburg, Bethel, Rangeley, Mt. Blue, Skowhegan, Farmington, Rumford, north of Portland, and the greater Augusta area.

October 13-19:
Best week for Peak Color in southern and coastal Maine. Find peak color south of Portland, Sebago Lake region, Bridgton Limerick, Waterboro, Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, Wells, and York

Back