• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc700x & ctx700d

Big Thump

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Leaving Tampa, Fl for Eaton Rapids, MI. 497 miles yesterday on the super highway. I am on the NC700X and my wife is on the CTX700D (DCT). Bikes handle very much the same on the highway. The CTX seems to have a bit more torque in the mid-range than the NC but she will give up advantage when we hit curvy roads. Heavy rush hour traffic for about 1.5 hrs through Atlanta and though my hand got tired the clutch on the NC is not heavy at all. My wife on the CTX with DCT was all smiles.
Both bikes ran well at 75 mph to 80 mph and feel very planted and willing to do this all day. We hit off and on rain and today we expect clear skies headed north. More super highway and heavy miles but we will meander on our return to hit some mountain roads.
Bottom line, Honda has done well engineering this line of bikes.

Made it to Michigan this morning. 500 miles on Thursday, 525 on Friday and 230 today. Sticking around till Monday and heading home again. Taking is easy on the way back and enjoying the ride a little more.

NCX and CTX handled great and fully capable long distance bikes. I did (for the first time in my life) break down and got a Throttle Boss as the pull on this one seems a little stiff. Maybe my old hands are just getting older.

If you came thru Louisville and Indiana on your way to Michigan, you were very close to me. I you went thru Cincinnati, you were about 2 hours from me. I commute to work on the Interstate 76 miles round trip and the NC does great. Still tweaking my windshield and seat.

You do know this didn't happen without pictures don't you? Very cool that you both ride together! Now we need some pics!

Went right through Louisville and traffic jammed up for a short while.

Yes, pics and videos when I return and get a connection good enough for uploading. Until then, the trip is really just a figment of my imagination. LOL!

BTW - kind of cold up here for us. Everyone is riding around in T-Shirts and we are wearing jackets with liners.

Back