• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What Size Is The Oil Drain Plug?

TCUguy

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to install, as I do on all my bikes and cars, a Fumoto oil drain valve (Fumoto Valve | Qwik Valve™), but I need to know the size and thread of the oil pan drain bolt... anyone wanna help??? Pleaaaaaaaase!

I am building this to be my "adventure" bike, getting this one would simplify my life MUCH more since I am going to be putting on some serious miles on this thing.

Thanks!

I don't mean to be rude, but . . .

Just a suggestion: You own an NC700x, right? Take the plug out and measure it. Enlist a helper to put a thumb over ther drain while you measure the plug, and the oil loss will be minimal.

How would I measure the thread count? I sadly don't have a "thread plate" like they do at at HD or Lowes. I was just wondering if anyone, for some reason, already knew - would be MUCH easier.

But yes, if no one has a response, I will be glad and somehow find it out myself.

Honda lists it as a 12 x 15. I think it has a 12 mm head and is 15 mm long but I don't know the thread pitch, probably 1.0 fine thread. If you are looking to get a bolt as a replacement make sure it is a flange type bolt with a shoulder to compress the sealing washer.

I GOT IT I GOT IT!

Ok, if anyone else is wondering, the Honda 12x15 means 12mmx1.5

If anyone is getting the Fumoto oil valve as well, its AMAZING for tool-less oil changes, get the F109N valve and the ADP109 adapter (the adapter makes it stick out a tad bit more which is required to clear the oil pan).

There it is y'all!

(Source)

Thanks for showing me this. I've been riding 55 years and never once knew about this. How much room does it take on the bottom of the engine? How much does it reduce ground clearance?

Will it clear the exhaust pipe? That's my biggest gripe about changing the oil on this bike, having to get my fingers between the oil pan and the cat. Dumb place for a drain plug if you ask me.

Ordered those parts and the valve will not clear the oil pan. Won't go on. Anybody else had this issue. Another thing is that it would still shoot sideways and not down, which would be ideal.

Looks to me like a problem waiting to happen!
Anyone for a rock knocking off your oil pan drain closure? In the middle of no-where?
Good luck.

Ordered those parts and the valve will not clear the oil pan. Won't go on. Anybody else had this issue. Another thing is that it would still shoot sideways and not down, which would be ideal.

look in the website, there is an adapter they sell.

the adapter extend it foward

http://www.qwikvalve.com/fumoto-adp-109-adapter.html

they also have a clamp for it to make sure it stays close

this stuff was intended for cars. please let us know how it goes after you install it on the NC! .

please measure the oil when draining. we need to know if this will prevent a complete drain

Last edited:
Back