• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Today's Outing on the Central Coast

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dear Friends,
Here are three photos of today's ride along California Highway 46.

This is the lake just above cayucos. Many drive by it on Highway 1 and never know it's there.
CC01.jpg
These roads are typical of many here. Graceful turns with great scenery.
CC02.jpg
Here's a view of Morro Rock and the power plant on an ucommonly clear day.
CC03.jpg

We come up every year for at least a week. We have two spare bedrooms (one with its own bathroom).
Anyone want to come and stay next July? PM me.

Last edited:
Your central coast doesn't look nearly as crowded as our central coast is this time of year. Instead of 1 auto on the horizon you would see many RV's lumbering along. By the way, I've never understood why you have to get a special endorsement on your driver's license to ride a motorcycle, but RVers don't need an endorsement to drive a 40 ft. long "box" down the highway. Most of them could use some driving skills instructions before getting behind the wheel. (Rant ended)

Looks great Strat! If you get a chance, go to Fort Hunter-Ligget and check out the California mission there. I lived there with Francisican friers for 6 weeks when working on my masters. It is an amazing place.

D

Back