• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help - Newbie with position light problem!

Red hassett

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys. New to the forum. Looking for some help. Picked up my new silver NC700X today. Thought I would change the position light for an LED bulb I had. Next thing I know the bulb fell out of the holder and into the reflector! Crap! Can someone post instructions for headlight removal? Thanks!

You'll need to remove the seat, the white body panels each side of the 'notank', then the main black body panels each side of the bike, there is a black plastic shroud that clips onto the plastic that surrounds the headlight (immediately in front of the handlebars), you'll have to remove and disconnect the instrument pod (four bolts) and then there are two bolts each side of the headlight to remove, then gently ease the black plastic headlight surround from around the location that the instrument pod fastens to and the whole headlight will then tilt forward. You'll need to disconnect the electronics.

You'll have in excess of a dozen bolts and a similar number of plastic clips so it may be worth keeping note of where they all go.

I've done it a few times and it takes me about 30 minutes to get the headlight out.

It would be worth referring to the workshop manual.

It should end up looking similar to the below picture.

Frontend_zps2772633d.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Dave. I managed to get it sorted. I had knocked the bulb down into the back of the headlight. A WD40 straw with some sticky tape on the end saw it retrieved - success!

Sometimes you can vacuum them out. Make a crude adapter of a vacuum cleaner hose down to a small rubber hose and feed the hose into the cavity.

Hi guys. New to the forum. Looking for some help. Picked up my new silver NC700X today. Thought I would change the position light for an LED bulb I had. Next thing I know the bulb fell out of the holder and into the reflector! Crap! Can someone post instructions for headlight removal? Thanks!

What is a position light?

What is a position light?

Us North American dudes don't have them on our bikes, our front turn signals act as running lights instead. Curiously enough, I think that front turn signal running lights are illegal over in the UK. (I believe, anyway. Maybe someone can confirm if I'm wrong)

As far as the NC700X goes, I mean. Some N.A. spec bikes do have the same front position light as their Euro brothers. My CBR125R has the same position light as the UK versions. It varies bike to bike over here, but the UK guys versions don't change.

Last edited:
Us North American dudes don't have them on our bikes, our front turn signals act as running lights instead. Curiously enough, I think that front turn signal running lights are illegal over in the UK. (I believe, anyway. Maybe someone can confirm if I'm wrong)

As far as the NC700X goes, I mean. Some N.A. spec bikes do have the same front position light as their Euro brothers. My CBR125R has the same position light as the UK versions. It varies bike to bike over here, but the UK guys versions don't change.

That's correct as we are only allowed to show a white light to the front other than the flashing indicators. However my Vetter equipped GL1100 had the indicators wired as running lights and I never got stopped for it

img689_zpsc05dc9cc.jpg

Back