• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tool Kit

Don't you US guys even get the little Allen wrench to be able to adjust your windshields up and down?

No phillips screwdriver to re/re a turn signal bulb?

That's just mean. :(

Mind you, you get the cheapest prices for the bikes on the planet, so I wouldn't really complain too much, lol...

I figure you could go out and get some pretty darned cool billet titanium tools for a couple of grand, since that's how much cheaper your prices are! :p

Short answer to the original post is "not much". When my son was going crazy trying to find a reverse male socket for his ZX10R's front wheel

removal, I decided to get ahead of the curve and get one for myself. Cycle Gear had one with 4 sizes that is interchangeable. E-Bay versions claim weakness

in the socket versions, but I'll be ready to break it if I need to. If you haven't noticed it, you might want to look at it before you need to get the wheel off....

Last edited:
Short answer to the original post is "not much". When my son was going crazy trying to find a reverse male socket for his ZX10R's front wheel

removal, I decided to get ahead of the curve and get one for myself. Cycle Gear had one with 4 sizes that is interchangeable. E-Bay versions claim weakness

in the socket versions, but I'll be ready to break it if I need to. If you haven't noticed it, you might want to look at it before you need to get the wheel off....

Another (cheaper option) is to get a short bolt that fits the axle and weld a nut onto the other end. Waaalaaa male to male adapter. Now you can put a standard socket on and remove.

Thanks everybody. I get it, U.S. tool kit NOT really a tool kit. Thought someone pilfered the tool kit before I picked up the bike but I guess not.

Thanks everybody. I get it, U.S. tool kit NOT really a tool kit. Thought someone pilfered the tool kit before I picked up the bike but I guess not.

the hard part is getting all the tools in the frunk dale
0F784524-916F-4329-A7A6-0DC079418B66-5814-0000131233F21CCA_zps95356744.jpg

Another (cheaper option) is to get a short bolt that fits the axle and weld a nut onto the other end. Waaalaaa male to male adapter. Now you can put a standard socket on and remove.

or.... for those of us without a welder, two jamb nuts on the short bolt threads

or.... for those of us without a welder, two jamb nuts on the short bolt threads

I have used coupling nuts before. They are usually about 1.5 inches long, so they fit inside the axle bolt and still stick out far enough to use a socket, If your local hardware store doesn't have the right size you can usually order one from Fastenal. For the NC, I just use a metric hex socket set from Harbor Freight. The set has 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive sockets which fit all the hex style bolts and screws including the front axle on the NC700. This way you can also use torque wrenches on the critical bolts.

Bob

Back