• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sticker on storage tank

trooper

Reaction score
Visit site
The sticker is tough to get off. Does anyone know if goo b gone would work or might it damage the plastic finish? Thank you.

The sticker is tough to get off. Does anyone know if goo b gone would work or might it damage the plastic finish? Thank you.

I took pretty much every sticker off the bike except the serial number plate and the Honda and NC700X decals. Mild mineral spirits dissolves the glue from painted parts but use it sparingly on semi-gloss bare plastics. If you want, you could also try a little WD-40 or baby oil, but there's no guarantees.

The swingarm looks way better without that silly chain tensioning directions sticker. I hate stickers and warning labels.

Greg

I used a hair dryer... a little goof off.... All done..........

+1 on the hair dryer to soften the glue. If it's still tough - I use the fishing line to slide under the sticker in the sawing motion. THen some kind of cleaner... but try the cleaner on some hidden spot first to make sure it will not smuge the paint.

I took pretty much every sticker off the bike except the serial number plate and the Honda and NC700X decals. Mild mineral spirits dissolves the glue from painted parts but use it sparingly on semi-gloss bare plastics. If you want, you could also try a little WD-40 or baby oil, but there's no guarantees.

The swingarm looks way better without that silly chain tensioning directions sticker. I hate stickers and warning labels.

Greg

I'm with you. Hate extra junk on my bikes. Since I don't ride at night (zero night vision) I always scrap the reflectors as well. More than once though, I've gone to sell a bike and had people wonder what happened to it. I probably pulled a couple of square feet of decals off my V-strom!

+1 on the hair dryer to soften the glue. If it's still tough - I use the fishing line to slide under the sticker in the sawing motion. THen some kind of cleaner... but try the cleaner on some hidden spot first to make sure it will not smuge the paint.
The hair dryer works well. It'll minimize the harsh chemicals that might make the bike look worse when you finish, than if you had left the stickers on.

Chris

The worst sticker for me to remove on the NCX was the one on the rear frame rail directly above the passenger foot peg bracket. OMG that was the nastiest one I've ever encountered! I think it had something to do with emissions or decibel info or something, can't remember.

The beauty is, since Canada is a bilingual country, that sticker is duplicated in French on the passenger side frame rail too! Auugh. Haven't worked up the courage to tackle that one yet though lol.

+1
That emissions or whatever sticker on the frame tube above the chain guard was a real toughie. Do ya 'spose they intended it that way?

Greg

I find a heat gun works very well for taking those nasty things off, same thing goes for applying anything you actually want to stay on. Heat the surface to just under HOT and then apply whatever sticky device you just have to have, the heat helps the glue bond.

There is one other thing that works without using any chemicals. Peel off the sticker using the methods already posted, then take some clear packaging tape (same stuff used to tape up cardboard boxes for shipping) and stick it on the area that has the residue. Peel off the tape and you'll find that some of the residue comes off along with it. You have to keep sticking and peeling since only some of the residue comes off each time. The tape will also lose some of its adhesion so you typically will have to go through a few pieces, but eventually you will have removed all the residue. This method is slow and tedious, but if you have an area where you don't want to use any chemicals it will work.

Bob

Back