• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Paint Peeling

shoemonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
hiya guys so I clean my 700s most weeks or at the very least give it a hose down after a long run , its in my garage when its raining of snowing but this is what i found cleaning it today, can you let me know if you have had a similar thing happen and how it went regards the Honda warranty.IMG_1111.jpg

My NC has been used all through the winter and not cleaned as often as would be advisable. The only wear to the finish I can see is on the left footrest hangerswhere my foot has rubbed

yer i Have the same were, i thought it might of been hit by something but its even bubbling up on the other side

[Crocodile Dundee] *pffft* That's not paint peeling mate, this is paint peeling! [/Crocodile Dundee]

At my $400.00+ Service, BMW told me this was "normal wear and tear" Warranty denied. (My bike was brand new less than a year old and a babied 9,000 kilometres)

More than a few other owners had examples such like this, and some were bad enough to cause oil* and coolant leaks, as the paint bubbled away at the O-ring gasket surface under the heat exchanger unit, and aluminum corrosion took hold, pitting the mating surfaces.

*This isn't to be confused with the valve cover oil leaking problems, which ironically enough, covered the engine in oil, but didn't prevent corrosion, lol. All the leaking oil on my BMW did, was catch fire from dumping on the header pipes and make a mess of everything.

I thought BMW would be better than that given the fact they are well none for there attention to detail im hoping as i have only got 3250 on mine i should get away with it

I think BMW would have been better off sticking with the Rotax parallel twins they started with for their smaller displacement engines.

Back on topic, I'm curious whether or not the paint process is the same for the 'X' model.

That area on the NC700 are matte black... Peeling??? Mine is good so far... Been riding a lot and no time to clean... I guess cleaning too much is not good...

I thought BMW would be better than that given the fact they are well none for there attention to detail im hoping as i have only got 3250 on mine i should get away with it

I've got my fingers crossed that Honda takes care of this for you, as they should!

I'm guessing the paint process on the bikes isn't as robust as on their cars.
I peeled off the "Always wear a helmet" sticker from the frunk lid and used some light goof-off cleaner to get the remainder of the sticky stuff. Well...now I have a good 4 inch area on the frunk with no enamel on it. I'm not too worried as I can always cover it with a tank guard/sticker or order a new frunk lid if it gives me grief, but it was still unexpected and disappointing.

I have a NCX and I thought this part was plastic? Does it have paint?
It may not be under warranty because they can say you used some caustic chemicals which caused the damage.
Anyway have a go and I wish you best of luck.
:)

When I had my Honda PCX I noticed this finish fading away on my rear wheel hub cover after a month. While the dealer admitted it was not normal, Honda refused a warranty claim after seeing some pics, stating it was wear and tear. Yeah right for a new scooter that had 400 miles and always garaged ... assholes

i-LJHC7Bc-XL.jpg

[Crocodile Dundee] *pffft* That's not paint peeling mate, this is paint peeling! [/Crocodile Dundee]

At my $400.00+ Service, BMW told me this was "normal wear and tear" Warranty denied. (My bike was brand new less than a year old and a babied 9,000 kilometres)

More than a few other owners had examples such like this, and some were bad enough to cause oil* and coolant leaks, as the paint bubbled away at the O-ring gasket surface under the heat exchanger unit, and aluminum corrosion took hold, pitting the mating surfaces.

*This isn't to be confused with the valve cover oil leaking problems, which ironically enough, covered the engine in oil, but didn't prevent corrosion, lol. All the leaking oil on my BMW did, was catch fire from dumping on the header pipes and make a mess of everything.

Is that the Kymco engine? If so, can't say I am surprised. I am sorry this happened to your sled.

I clean it also every week with a damp cloth in soapy water. So far no problem. I would have it examined asap by an Honda dealer.

Is that the Kymco engine? If so, can't say I am surprised. I am sorry this happened to your sled.

Thanks for the empathy :)

This was the F800ST, (Austria-Rotax)- BMW Berlin plant. Not a single ounce of blame to the Chinese....

hiya guys so I clean my 700s most weeks or at the very least give it a hose down after a long run , its in my garage when its raining of snowing but this is what i found cleaning it today, can you let me know if you have had a similar thing happen and how it went regards the Honda warranty.View attachment 2900

Hi, You are not alone.

I had exactly the same problem and in the same place you have, has i already had problems with HONDA Portugal in another issue with the clutch discs, i just painted that part in black and forget the issue.

Back