• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Winter Gloves - Battery Heated - No Wires

I love the concept of heated gloves and everything associated with it. However, the price is just too much for me sometimes... Theres basically 0 chance of you finding high quality heated gloves for $100.
It would be ideal if these vendors made battery heated glove liners in addition to their gloves. I'd like to separate the task of finding the best gloves from finding the best battery heating tech. And if wishes were nickels, I could afford a unicorn.

I looked at heated glove liners which area cheaper. You can get them for under $100. I just wanted a all-in-one item. If you got yourself a light pair of waterproof gloves you could easily go with heated liners. Not sure if you can get them battery operated.

Motorcycle Superstore - Search

Rode in today and it was 36F. Gloves ( Ansai Mobile Warming Men's LTD Max Leather Glove) were set on the second setting of four. They heat to 105 degrees and are supposed to last for 5 hours. I only need them to make it through my 30 minute commute so no worries.

My hads were plenty warm, not hot, but plenty good for the ride and I never once thought that I needed to turn them up a notch. The gloves are a bit thicker than what I am used to so still trying to get adjusted to that. I can operated the turn signal and horn without issue. I have only worn them twice so I'm sure they will start to loosen up as they get broke in.

If someone is looking for a wireless application these work well.

Last edited:
One last post on this thread for me unless someone has a question in the future. I just wanted to report on my ride into work today. It got down to 24F. Couple that with highway speeds of 75mph. Gotta be getting close to a real feel in the teens.

Just to refresh everyones memory. I bought the Mobile Warming LTD Max battery heated gloves. They have four setting. 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%. Today I set them at 100% for my 30 minute comutte to work. The slowest I'll drive on that route is 55mph and up to 78mph.

I have heated grips but did not use them intentionally on the first half of my route. Between the grip puppies and the thinkness of the gloves I wasn't sure I would feel anyhting coming form the grips. I turned the grips on at mile 15 and I can't honestly say I felt NO difference. I will ride with them on in the future because gripping a warm grip has got to be better than gripping a cold one regardelss if I can tell or not.

My finger tips tried to get cold. I say tried because they never really got cold to the point where I wishing I had better gloves. The rest of my hand was plenty good. Just the tips of the finger could feel the cold air trying to fight its way in.

The gloves weren't cheap. Are they worth $233? I would have to test out some other battery powered brands to give an accurate answer. Would my non-heated thick gloves done a better job. No way. I'm pretty happy with the gloves performance this morning. They let me know I can take it down to 20F easy.

Last edited:
L.B.S. thanks for the detailed report.

Anyone else out there have or have used battery operated gloves. My ride to work is only 30 minutes so I don't need something that last an extreme amount of time. Plus the Arkansas winter won't last to awful long.

My heated grips keep my palms nice and toasty, but my fingers go numb. So I just ordered some Venture battery heated liners from the Warming store. They sell loads of different brands and after a lengthy phone conversation with a sales rep (yes, some internet retailers still do this) I decided on the Venture. For me, the battery advantage means I can use them for any outdoor winter activity. The fact that it is a liner means I can wear it under motorcycle gloves, hunding gloves, or ski mittens.

My heated grips keep my palms nice and toasty, but my fingers go numb. So I just ordered some Venture battery heated liners from the Warming store. They sell loads of different brands and after a lengthy phone conversation with a sales rep (yes, some internet retailers still do this) I decided on the Venture. For me, the battery advantage means I can use them for any outdoor winter activity. The fact that it is a liner means I can wear it under motorcycle gloves, hunding gloves, or ski mittens.

I saw those. They sell a glove I was looking at too. Let me know how well they do. Mine are working good but my finger tips are still wanting to get cold. It was 23F this morning and I could fell the cold trying to creep its way in. Curious how those liners do.

Well the Venture liners work just fine, but worn under a heavy riding glove, things just get to bulky and tight and I loose a lot of dexterity. I am trying to find an overglove in a larger size that is just plain leather or elkskin. I will try the Aerostich unlined gloves on top.

Well the Venture liners work just fine, but worn under a heavy riding glove, things just get to bulky and tight and I loose a lot of dexterity. I am trying to find an overglove in a larger size that is just plain leather or elkskin. I will try the Aerostich unlined gloves on top.

Keep us informed. Always looking for something better but trying to stay wireless.

I figured I'd post this for anyone who is considering the gloves I purchased. One thing about battery power gloves is you need to track your usage. I knew I was cutting it close but I had not kept a good account of my usage last week. While riding in this morning (27F) one of the batteries started to flash. I had no idea how long that meant I had in battery life. I was only 5 minutes into my 27 minute ride. I continued to ride and occasionally looked down at the glove to see if the light had stopped flashing. When I got to the interstate the light was still flashing. I was surprised. It finally went out as I merged onto I-440 south which is about 5 minutes from work. It maintained full heat the entire time and flashed for almost 20 minutes. I had it set at level 4 which is the highest and most power consuming. I'm sure if I had lowered it to level 3 it may have gotten me all the way to work but I intentionally left it at 4. Next time I will lower the level to see if it extends the life any. By the way, I could definitely tell the heat went out. Quite a difference. I’d like it if the gloves got warmer but you can really tell when they are not on.

I figured I'd post this for anyone who is considering the gloves I purchased. One thing about battery power gloves is you need to track your usage. I knew I was cutting it close but I had not kept a good account of my usage last week. While riding in this morning (27F) one of the batteries started to flash. I had no idea how long that meant I had in battery life. I was only 5 minutes into my 27 minute ride. I continued to ride and occasionally looked down at the glove to see if the light had stopped flashing. When I got to the interstate the light was still flashing. I was surprised. It finally went out as I merged onto I-440 south which is about 5 minutes from work. It maintained full heat the entire time and flashed for almost 20 minutes. I had it set at level 4 which is the highest and most power consuming. I'm sure if I had lowered it to level 3 it may have gotten me all the way to work but I intentionally left it at 4. Next time I will lower the level to see if it extends the life any. By the way, I could definitely tell the heat went out. Quite a difference. I’d like it if the gloves got warmer but you can really tell when they are not on.

I had similar just the other day. Rode to my destination with the settings on high, nice and toasty. Left to return home, and about 1/4 of the way back thought to myself "hmm, if I didn't know better, these aren't feeling noticeably warm" (also, I found with mine, that if I push the backs of my fingers up in the gloves, versus tightly against the grips, that I can straight away feel all the strips of heat, they can get quite hot.

Funny how even in contact, but not hard contact, it makes that much of a difference between "my hands aren't cold, so they must be on" versus: *press* "yikes, hot hot hot"

:LBS contemplates little elastic bands around the fingers of each glove: :rolleyes:

So anyway, I digress- I looked down and saw that the lights were off. Curious. You can't not know if you have turned them on or off. I turned them back on, all good. Look again in a few minutes. Off! Mine apparently don't flash before going off if the setting is on high. They flash on all the other settings but stay on until totally depleted. On high they just go straight to off, but there still is power left.

I switched to level 3 and finished my ride home with warm-ish gloves. (more importantly, *not* cold hands) :D

How are those LTD Max gloves working out? Gerbing is now telling me "around the third week of November" for their Next Gens, so I'm thinking maybe I should cancel and get something else before they've strung me along for half the winter.

So it turns out that Gerbing is in fact trying to string people along for half the winter. They've updated the availability on the product page for the Next Gen gloves to "January 15". When a company even can't get their winter clothing manufactured in time for Christmas sales, they really, really should rethink the "let's move all our manufacturing to China" strategy. Needless to say, I cancelled the order.

So it turns out that Gerbing is in fact trying to string people along for half the winter. They've updated the availability on the product page for the Next Gen gloves to "January 15". When a company even can't get their winter clothing manufactured in time for Christmas sales, they really, really should rethink the "let's move all our manufacturing to China" strategy. Needless to say, I cancelled the order.

That sucks. By the time you got them it would be February and only a month left of really cold temps.

I ordered my Gerbing T5 gloves back in the Fall before the weather turned bad. I've noticed they never go on sale...but everyone starts thinking about buying gloves when they need them...and demand exceeds supply when you get a really good product that everyone else recognizes is superior. :) So I recommend seeing what is the best product you want, and then saving your pennies to buy it ahead of time. If you end up getting something that is a compromise, then just keep that as a backup. Besides, next winter, you'll see better technology in the next generation of gloves.

FWIW, my first Gerbing T5 gloves died a month ago after getting a lot of hard use for a year. I ended up buying a second to use while those were getting fixed under warranty. (Turnaround was much faster than I expected!) The point here is that you might want to look at having two sets...one as a backup in case one set dies.

Chris

FWIW, my first Gerbing T5 gloves died a month ago after getting a lot of hard use for a year. I ended up buying a second to use while those were getting fixed under warranty. (Turnaround was much faster than I expected!) The point here is that you might want to look at having two sets...one as a backup in case one set dies.

Chris

Not a bad idea. I have three sets of gloves on the bike at all times. A very light set that are not waterproof, a heavy set that is waterproof, and my battery heated gloves. Going into work may require the battery heated gloves but going home might allow the lighter gloves. Regardless, I'm covered.

I ordered my Gerbing T5 gloves back in the Fall before the weather turned bad.

I ordered the Next Gens in the fall also. At the time (mid October) they were listed as in stock, but weren't. Once I placed the order they told me they were backordered, and then they kept lying to me, giving me one bogus availability date after another. The Next Gens are a brand new model, and I'm guessing they had unexpected quality control problems with the first shipping container full to arrive from China, which blew out their whole winter sales window.

I ordered the Next Gens in the fall also. At the time (mid October) they were listed as in stock, but weren't. Once I placed the order they told me they were backordered, and then they kept lying to me, giving me one bogus availability date after another. The Next Gens are a brand new model, and I'm guessing they had unexpected quality control problems with the first shipping container full to arrive from China, which blew out their whole winter sales window.

I looked at the Next Gens about that same timeframe and found they were backordered as you did. I was impatient and bought the Mobile Warming gloves instead. I see the logic in not waiting until the last minute but you still should not have to wait 5 months. That is ridiculous.

I looked at the Next Gens about that same timeframe and found they were backordered as you did. I was impatient and bought the Mobile Warming gloves instead. I see the logic in not waiting until the last minute but you still should not have to wait 5 months. That is ridiculous.

Once I cancelled my Gerbing order I ordered a pair of the LTD Max gloves too. I'm really intrigued by the Chaval Response XRT gloves (https://www.chavalusa.com), but at $400, I just couldn't pull the trigger on them.

Once I cancelled my Gerbing order I ordered a pair of the LTD Max gloves too. I'm really intrigued by the Chaval Response XRT gloves (https://www.chavalusa.com), but at $400, I just couldn't pull the trigger on them.

I didn't see those when I did my research. The have a longer battery life, the have a higher Heat output (144F compared to 135F), and you don't have to adjust them. They sound like good gloves but $389 is steep but I've been known to waste money for comfort. These might be something to look at next year.

Back