• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wind shield edging

I have just seen this product mentioned on a Crossrunner forum. Has anyone any experiance of using it?

SAENG/TA, Sport Touring Accessories - Micro-Swirl™| Gen-4 Edging

I tried it on my ST-1100 and I believe it to be quackery. I also did not like the black line in the line of sight for the same reason that I can't abide horn-rimmed glasses. Of course, I did not have the latest Generation 4 improved model. I somehow think that the new-gen is designed to get people to waste $13 per foot on it again even though it didn't work the first time. At least Saeng are honest in stating that it creates turbulence (which they have the unmitigated gall to call "air bearings". I am sure that others will chime in with how effective it is, and that is fine with me, but I would file it in the same drawer with male enhancement (or fat-burner) pills and $100 per hour work from home offers.

I still think the rigorous approach is to make the turbulent layer as narrow as possible (laminar, no "spoilers") and place the boundary layer either below or above your helmet so that the helmet is not in turbulence (= noise and buffeting). Every attempt that I have made to get the helmet in still air has required good fairing coverage and a well-vented windscreen just below eye level. Black edging at this point would be especially distracting to me.

I tried it on my ST-1100 and I believe it to be quackery. I also did not like the black line in the line of sight for the same reason that I can't abide horn-rimmed glasses. Of course, I did not have the latest Generation 4 improved model. I somehow think that the new-gen is designed to get people to waste $13 per foot on it again even though it didn't work the first time. At least Saeng are honest in stating that it creates turbulence (which they have the unmitigated gall to call "air bearings". I am sure that others will chime in with how effective it is, and that is fine with me, but I would file it in the same drawer with male enhancement (or fat-burner) pills and $100 per hour work from home offers.

I still think the rigorous approach is to make the turbulent layer as narrow as possible (laminar, no "spoilers") and place the boundary layer either below or above your helmet so that the helmet is not in turbulence (= noise and buffeting). Every attempt that I have made to get the helmet in still air has required good fairing coverage and a well-vented windscreen just below eye level. Black edging at this point would be especially distracting to me.

Thanks for that Lee. I did tend to think that maybe the "air bearings" bit was sales gobledy gook. think that I will definately give that one a swerve

I have also tried it yrs ago and all I can remember is that I removed it after the 1st ride , I'll bet I can find it in my garage if I looked hard enough. I have found if I'm not looking through the window it ain't gonna do the job for me, but thats me, I'm weird.

Here's a big hint: you ever see a bird or a fish with "edging" on wings or fins? Any such critters got eaten 500 million years ago.

A windshield that's too short and narrow with a wing or flip or edging is just a windshield that's too short and narrow and is also now stirring up the air.

I have also tried it yrs ago and all I can remember is that I removed it after the 1st ride , I'll bet I can find it in my garage if I looked hard enough. I have found if I'm not looking through the window it ain't gonna do the job for me, but thats me, I'm weird.
That is the good thing about forums we can not only learn from each others success stories but by each others mistakes. Which one of us has never bought something that seemed a good idea at the time only for it to end up in a draw or at the back of the garage whilst we try to forget that we spent good money on it

Good point Rocker! I'm sure we have all bought some widget that did not pan out as we thought it would, I have. Sharing those bad experiences are as valuable as sharing the good ones. Another example of "taking one for the team".

Back