• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Whats your favorite Wet Weather Gear?

turbodieseli4i6

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My Frog Toggs are wore out and I'm in need of some new rain gear. What is your choice in rain gear?
Quality is preferred because I want to stay dry!
Lets here your reviews!
Thanks in advance

With modern riding gear being mostly waterproof, I haven't found the need to carry separate waterproof gear. I wear either an Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece suit or a BMW ComfortShell. I have carried Frog Toggs for a compact emergency suit and they work well for that, but don't last too long. The material reminds me of DuPont Tyvek suits and medical packaging paper used for sterile supplies.

Tyvek® Coveralls | DuPont

I do have a decent FirstGear Rainman that I use when I am traveling in very hot weather with a ventilated riding suit.

Firstgear Premium Motorcycle Rainsuits -Rainman

The name always reminds me of the movie

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b2/Rain_Man_poster.jpg/215px-Rain_Man_poster.jpg

Thanks! I do believe Frog Toggs is nothing more than Tyvek. We have Tyvek suits at work that I sometimes have to wear.
I would look like a dweeb wearing white Tyvek coveralls on my bikes.

Last edited:
I will watch this thread closely, as my Toggs are about toast too. The white liner on the inside has started tearing away from the jacket
and pants. Considering how many times i've worn it, and what I paid for it, its a fair value. I wouldn't mind spending more to get a more
durable set.

Right now I have a Belstaff rain jacket and First Gear rain pants. Had Belstaff rain pants but buggered up the net lining trying to put them on over shoes but I thought the Belstaff jacket was better than the First Gear jacket. The jacket breathes well and has a reflective strip across the back. The pants have a zippered lower leg but the netting liner makes it tricky to get your leg through. You definitely need to take your shoes to fish your legs through.

I haven't quite figured this one out yet. I like my Aerostich RC but it is too hot for half the year and the other half I use Frogg Toggs but have to buy a pair about every two years as flogging in the wind breaks down the materials. However, for the type of riding I do I am usually in the humid south and PVC or Urethane coated nylon jacket/pants liners or dedicated rain gear doesn't breathe and is too hot for me. I ride all weathers and have to have breathable rain gear.

If I really have to choose something for bad weather, I would choose hot chocolate, and a good rain-jacket and rain-boots. It is very uncomfortable to be riding around with soaked feet. My solution is to use a Goretex-like Rain windbreaker (2 sizes bigger), wear it over my airflow jacket (with its elbow and back protector). If it is too raining too heavily, I reckon it is better to seek shelter anyway. I do not have rainpants, so I take it wet there, wait for it to dry out again.

If there is a chance of rain, I will ride my Wing to work. As long as I can run 50+ mph, I stay pretty dry. The stops suck though!
I will try to farkle the NC too fit my needs and since its missing the full fairing, good weather gear is a must!
Hot chocolate wouldn't be much help when its raining like hell, and I'm 30 miles from home.
Sometimes you don't get too choose. So being prepared is the option I try to take.

I remember many years ago the captain of the American Trans atlantic match race challange team telling some members of the team that had not been to the UK before. If you don't like the weather when we land don't worry just wait 10 minutes and it will change"

Back