• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Video of some great riding on my NCX in the Smokey Mountains.

KDRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Just back from a 2000 mile trip on mine. FL-GA-NC-SC-TN. Rode the Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner's 28 and the Tail of the Dragon. I have ridden most of this before on my Valkyrie, so it was fun to ride it on a much lighter bike this time.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/00jzopNM-7o[/video]

NC700X at Deals Gap GoPro 3rd person rider - YouTube

Great video. Where did you end up staying while in the area? Can you provide some more detail on how you mounted the camera on the pole to look over your shoulder? Great shots from this location.

We stayed at a few places, but the Two Wheel Inn near Robbinsville, NC was the favorite. The people who run it a great and you have a small garage for every room. (see photos) The best part is that everyone there is a biker and you can hang out most nights and swap stories.

I made a "GoPole" from a 3ft dowel rode. Mounting that to the bike was a trick. I use RAM mounts to mount my GPS and GoPro to the handle bars, so I found a way to rig up a RAM mount ball to the grab rail using some clamps (so I would not need to drill the NCX). I used a 3" ram mount arm to clamp on to the pole and then a bungle wrapped very tight to hold it at the base. Not ideal, but it got the job done for this trip. I attached a photo that I hope you can see how it was mounted.

DSCN0155.jpgDSCN0154.jpgDSCN0156.jpg

Great video. Where did you end up staying while in the area? Can you provide some more detail on how you mounted the camera on the pole to look over your shoulder? Great shots from this location.

We stayed at a few places, but the Two Wheel Inn near Robbinsville, NC was the favorite. The people who run it a great and you have a small garage for every room. (see photos) The best part is that everyone there is a biker and you can hang out most nights and swap stories.

I made a "GoPole" from a 3ft dowel rode. Mounting that to the bike was a trick. I use RAM mounts to mount my GPS and GoPro to the handle bars, so I found a way to rig up a RAM mount ball to the grab rail using some clamps (so I would not need to drill the NCX). I used a 3" ram mount arm to clamp on to the pole and then a bungle wrapped very tight to hold it at the base. Not ideal, but it got the job done for this trip. I attached a photo that I hope you can see how it was mounted.

View attachment 4909View attachment 4910View attachment 4911

I like the HD

Very neat video, I like the music too. Ever since I discovered channel 52, "Electric Area" on XM satellite radio, its my
favorite station when i'm shredding up a twisty road.

Hey KDRider I'm in Florida too (north Florida to be exact). Next time you decide to go on a trip let me know so I can try to follow you up. Or, let's meet for lunch sometime...... if we are within riding distance.

Steve

Back