• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vibration Free!

Klaus (BMW K1600GTL) is the smoothest bike I have, or have ever had, in terms of handlebar vibration. I imagine the 6-cylinder Goldwings are comparable, but I haven't owned one.

I'd call Wiley (the NCX) distinctly higher-vibration than Bumblebee (CBR600) or Woodstock (VF750) were. The inline 4 of the CBR had a high-freq buzz at certain rpms that was kind of annoying, but I'd still say it was smoother than Wiley.

Good luck, it’s very frustrating. I’m thinking about going to a DCT but have been managing at least for a while longer.
I have the DCT and I've had 4 yes 4 neck surgeries since 2019 and my left hand is Fubared from the neck surgeries. The NC700X DCT fitted with a foot shift kit has allowed me to continue to ride . The numbness probably is coming fromyour neck and you'll have to be very careful on your head position when riding and try to hold your head straight without bending your neck

Until I rode a Goldwing I thought no motorcycle engine could approach the smoothness of the V4 ST1300. Inline fours usually have some high frequency vibration. I have ridden a first gen FJR and it had some high frequency bar end tingles my ST1300 did not.

Reactions: MZ5
I felt similarly about the smoothness of Woodstock's V4 (VF750C) until I experienced the inline 6 of the K1600.

6-cylinder engines are my favorites!

I felt similarly about the smoothness of Woodstock's V4 (VF750C) until I experienced the inline 6 of the K1600.

6-cylinder engines are my favorites!
Twins are probably my favorite configuration but the Goldwing’s boxer six is the smoothest I’ve experienced. I’ve had singles, twins (parallel & flat, 180/270/360 degree crankshafts), a triple, inline 4s, V4, flat 6. The wing’s 6 is a boring engine.

Back