• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thurn Motorsport adjustable driver foot-pegs

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a well made piece of kit that allows the foot-pegs to be raised, lowered, or moved front or back by a radial adjustment of 23mm. Mine are adjusted for full down to give my 6'-2" arthritic frame some knee bend relief. The parts are well made CNC 7075 aluminum billet items. Mine came with no instructions so I made them up as I went. I used medium threadlocker on both the offset adjuster and the pegs. The pegs are nicely angle cut on the bottom to minimize the amount of ground clearance that is given up. I have not ridden them yet, but compared to the stock foot-pegs with the feeler nuts on bottom, they don't look to suffer much - especially given that I haven't yet grounded the stock units. I did have to modify the stock return spring by cutting a bend off of it that interfered with the fold-up on the Thurn units. Here are some pics...

DSC00453.jpgDSC00454.jpgDSC00455.jpgDSC00452.jpg

Those look really slick. I like the way they 'lock' together. I've seen smooth ones for other bikes that wouldn't stay in the same place unless way too much torque was applied. Nice find

Be sure to do the spring mod. The instructions don't say to do so, but I assembled it with medium strength Loctite once I had the positions nailed.

I have a learning from the installation of the Thurn Motorsports lowered foot pegs that I wanted to share. Although there is plenty of downward adjustment available for the rear brake pedal, it did not occur to me (duh!) that I needed to re-adjust the brake light switch to match the new pedal position. If you don't do this, you will be running around with your brake light on all the time and no-one will see a difference in brilliance of the tail light when you stop. I only found it when I was trouble-shooting my new wiring installation and trying to figure out how I had crossed up the brake and tail circuits. In addition to thinking I had a problem in my rear adapter harness (I didn't), the Honda alarm would could not be set to "unlock" by following the instructions that came with it.

The net of this is that the lucky but daft old man rode the bike to New York and back last month showing brake light all the way. I have intended to install a mirror in my bike shop on the back of the garage door in order to test rear illumination before each ride. I am now committed to make that addition as I seem to lack the sense to operate safely without it. I may also add a brake indicator LED to the growing array of LEDs drilled into the Cycra hand guards.

Learn from my mistakes. You can make your own fresh and original mistakes, but don't copy mine.

Last edited:
Back