• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The one that started it all.

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
It's my Sunday off the sun is out and I'm feeling really uner the weather so I'm bored. looking through some photos I thought I would show you the bike that started my 49 year (so far) riding career. the pics show myself and a friend on my 16th birthday the first day I could leagally ride. The bike is a '59 BSA C15 250cc ( the biggest allowed for a learner at the time. Note the required "L" plate on the front fork)) single which cost me £75 ($120.72) which was a lot when I was only earning £3-10-00 ($5.63) a week. having left schhol at 15 I had been putting in a lot of hours at work to pay for it.
I hope you will forgive my ramblings but my wife son & daughter in law have gone to the NFL match in London I can hear other guys/gals out on their bikes and I'm stuck in doors going out of my mind :)

now291-1.jpg

now292.jpg

img936.jpg

Great pics, I lost all my early pics in a divorce. My first bike (1957) was a 1947 Royal Enfield 125 with a 3spd tank shift. A few years later I bought a 58 Triumph T110 Thunderbird. It was stripped of the headlight nacel, but I liked it anyway. I've had over 50 since that RE. I envy those pictures.

Great pics, I lost all my early pics in a divorce. My first bike (1957) was a 1947 Royal Enfield 125 with a 3spd tank shift. A few years later I bought a 58 Triumph T110 Thunderbird. It was stripped of the headlight nacel, but I liked it anyway. I've had over 50 since that RE. I envy those pictures.
sad that you lost your photos as of course thes are irreplaceable. Some years ago my wife got all my old photos together and put them into 2 photo albums making a history of my riding up until then. Later she scanned them all in so now I can share them and bore everyone with them

I had a 1962 200cc Triumph Tiger Cub. Back then Florida had its version of a beginner's restricted license. You could ride a bike with less than 5 horsepower during daylight hours. The Cub had a restrictor in the intake to limit it to the 5 hp requirement. That restrictor was really easy to remove, and when you did, you ended up with a whopping 10 horsepower.
Rocker66, thanks for triggering some old memories! Of course now I'll probably have nightmares about Joseph Lucas (aka The Prince Of Darkness) electrical systems for the next couple of weeks.

Bob

I had a 1962 200cc Triumph Tiger Cub. Back then Florida had its version of a beginner's restricted license. You could ride a bike with less than 5 horsepower during daylight hours. The Cub had a restrictor in the intake to limit it to the 5 hp requirement. That restrictor was really easy to remove, and when you did, you ended up with a whopping 10 horsepower.
Rocker66, thanks for triggering some old memories! Of course now I'll probably have nightmares about Joseph Lucas (aka The Prince Of Darkness) electrical systems for the next couple of weeks.

Bob
My wife started her riding career on a cub which is why we still have Triumph V BSA debates. Of course I can always trump her T120 Bonnieville with the magic term DBD34 Goldstar

I like the pictures! 1959 that was a good year. July 19 1959 is my Birthday.

I see that the NE Patriots are kicking some St. Louis a** over there on the other side of the pond.

Cheers mate!

Seabee

imagesCA68C230.jpg

Last edited:
The bike is a '59 BSA C15 250cc ]

Awesome I bet you wish you had that now, I know I would. Also I wish I had more photo's of my other bikes but my Ex-wife clams to have lost all of my photo albums including all the ones containing my travels around the world.....Ex's, aren't they great. Get Well Buddy.

Last edited:
Hey Rocker66, I so miss the scarlet "L" from my UK times. Nice pics, and thanks for plugging the Royal Enfield. I still think they're cute-looking bikes. Thanks for sharing your memories with us.

Back