• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Suzuki SALVAGE 650...

Thread moved to Non NC Motorcycle Section as it pertains to a Suzuki model.

Reliable, yes. Rapid, no.

I joke, but I am a fan of simple machines. The Suzuki 650 does what it is meant to do with no fuss. They have been made with virtually no changes for some time, so parts should be easy and inexpensive when needed.

I don't know if the name Salvage is used as a joke but the Suzuki SAVAGE probably would make a reliable first bike if the owner(s) since new took care of it. It's fairly light and has a very low seat height which could help a novice gain confidence for more challenging motorcycles later - meaning taller, heavier, and more powerful. I've only known one person that owned a Savage and he did say it vibrated a lot.

@GIGreene those two statements are not necessarily in conflict. This thread is about a “first bike.” Nobody on their first bike should even be considering whether or not the bike can easily accelerate to interstate speed.

The Savage did apparently have a very mild acceleration. But it might have suited me just fine too. One of my favorite bikes, also a Suzuki, was a vintage 1980 GS450S. Had enough get up and go to putter down the big roads all day long...did a couple of Saddlesore 1000s on it...and was a delightful backroad bike too. When in a laidback frame of mind, it would get near 70 mpg. But then I got my NC. And the fuel economy is just freaking outstanding!

Back