• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sandy Relief Supplies heading north.

Cutter J. Duke

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I, my brother and a volunteer will be headed to the small townships of New Jersey with a 24 ft. truck stuffed with clothing and food. None of us have been to the areas of the northeast in 20 or more years. Any members or visitors to the site in that area that could offer advice on road conditions and if there is fuel problems it would be help greatly. We are leaving the 21st and with 3 drivers we will drive non-stop and try to drop supplies by Thanksgiving day. Thanks!

Maybe this will help C.J.D. nj211.org/hurricane.cfm NJ 2-1-1 Partnership | Toll Free: (877) 652-1148 | Fax: (973) 887-4680

Godspeed!

Last edited:
You are welcome Currter J. Duke!

Enjoy the Thanksgiving Day and I hope you get a chance to see my NE Patriots play your NY Jets.

719.jpg03482jets.jpg

I like the way you phrased that Rocker. "Successful in coming 2nd in that game."

New England took the first game this season between these two teams 29-26 in overtime. The teams were nearly even in most areas, with the Patriots main advantage being the running game. That should hold true here as well as the Jets have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. In their last meeting, Tom Brady was just 26 of 42 for 259 yards and two touchdowns. Both of those scores went to Rob Gronkowski who will be out of this contest due to injury. While losing Gronkowski hurts, it also brings down the spread. In that victory against the Jets, Brady connected with seven other receivers with Wes Welker next in line for top duty. The Patriots run defense is much better than their secondary, so what do you expect to happen when the Jets give the ball to Mark Sanchez and ask him to win a nationally televised game? I’m betting he chokes worse than your fat Uncle Larry at the Thanksgiving dinner table and the Patriots offense continues to churn.

Patriots by 7 :p

I like the way you phrased that Rocker. "Successful in coming 2nd in that game."

New England took the first game this season between these two teams 29-26 in overtime. The teams were nearly even in most areas, with the Patriots main advantage being the running game. That should hold true here as well as the Jets have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. In their last meeting, Tom Brady was just 26 of 42 for 259 yards and two touchdowns. Both of those scores went to Rob Gronkowski who will be out of this contest due to injury. While losing Gronkowski hurts, it also brings down the spread. In that victory against the Jets, Brady connected with seven other receivers with Wes Welker next in line for top duty. The Patriots run defense is much better than their secondary, so what do you expect to happen when the Jets give the ball to Mark Sanchez and ask him to win a nationally televised game? I’m betting he chokes worse than your fat Uncle Larry at the Thanksgiving dinner table and the Patriots offense continues to churn.

Patriots by 7 :p

you are most likely correct however we live in hope. As a big Spurs fan (Tottenham not San Antanio) you get used to that :)

you are most likely correct however we live in hope. As a big Spurs fan (Tottenham not San Antanio) you get used to that :)

No matter which team wins. It is going to be an exciting game to watch on Thanksgiving Day. Enjoy!

The NY Jets are the NE Patriots Rival team and it is never a disappointment to see the two teams play each other.

Last edited:
Our volunteers didn't show up to help load the truck today, 3 people loaded up a 27 ft U-Haul to the roof, a couple of tons of supplies and all of us hurt now. Now all we have to do is leave at AM tomorrow and drive 24 hours straight to get them there by thanksgiving. If the N.J. volunteers don't show up to unload I threated to drive it back to Georgia and have a huge side of the road yard sale. The local F.D. says they will be there and have people ready. I plan to sleep while they do it because we got to turn around and drive back. If I could have afforded plane tickets I would leave the truck there and sleep on the plane also, I guess I'm kinda tired right now so I will check back when I get back. For now I got to pack some clothes and get the GPS programed, Later all.

C.J.

I'm back, around 2 tons collected, sorted, marked, loaded and delivered. All it took was 4 days on the road in the truck, about 2450 miles total driving. Just me and my brother who is also a disabled Vet and could only drive about an hour a day, me handling the rest. About 4 hours a nights sleep and the last day was a 920 mile 16 hour stright run to get to the house, I was beat but it was worth it. A big shout out goes to the people of South West Fl. for all the donations. Here's a quick edited video to show some of the off load.

[video=youtube;Fui4Q_fKXEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Fui4Q_fKXEY[/video]

Back