• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ride to the Sky - Mount Washington - June 15 and 16

2brnut2b

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, I plan to go to Mount Washington on 15 and 16 June (16 being reserved for motorcycles to climb Mount).
I made the trip in June 2012 with my ex ... F650GS... poor preparation, lack of time, mechanical problem ... Anyway, I enjoyed the experience and I retry(leaving aside the lack of time and the mechanical problem). So I expect to leave from Quebec City very early on the morning of 15 to get there at dinner time (a distance of + / - 500km or 310 miles for me).

I thought it would be nice to meet NC owners on site. There is nothing set in stone yet, I'd like your comments and if there is interest, show yourself !

P.S. Sorry if my english is lame, I currently speak french and Google is my friend. :)

Ride to the Sky | Mt. Washington Auto Road

9171298842_63c4b5c162_m.jpg
My Ex at Mount Washington

Last edited:
I've driven it in a rental car but never ridden my bike up there. Awesome drive but hope the wind isn't blowing.

Yes, I will now go look it up on Google, but my first thought was... where is Mount Washington?

Edit: 270 miles North West of Seattle, Washington.

Last edited:
Yes, I will now go look it up on Google, but my first thought was... where is Mount Washington?

Edit: 270 miles North West of Seattle, Washington.

Oh I think it's a bit further than that from Seattle. Believe he is talking about the Mount Washington in New Hampshire which would place it about 3,000 miles east of Seattle. :rolleyes:

Hmmm I was debating on putting a trip together to Newfoundland from the DC area ... maybe this would be a good stopping point next summer.

Hi guys, I plan to go to Mount Washington on 15 and 16 June (16 being reserved for motorcycles to climb Mount).
I made the trip in June 2012 with my ex ... F650GS... poor preparation, lack of time, mechanical problem ... Anyway, I enjoyed the experience and I retry(leaving aside the lack of time and the mechanical problem). So I expect to leave from Quebec City very early on the morning of 15 to get there at dinner time (a distance of + / - 500km or 310 miles for me).

I thought it would be nice to meet NC owners on site. There is nothing set in stone yet, I'd like your comments and if there is interest, show yourself !

P.S. Sorry if my english is lame, I currently speak french and Google is my friend. :)

Ride to the Sky | Mt. Washington Auto Road

My Ex at Mount Washington

3.jpg

I went to the White Mountains in New Hampshire in October to see the Fall Foliage. I had a great time.

Will you be camping out or staying in hotels? I found out that the hotels do go for a prime price in them there hills.

Once you know a little more as to your plans, send me a private message, as it does not take a lot for me to enjoy a return trip to them there hills.

I did not get to do the train ride though the mountains last time.

https://thecog.com/schedule.php

So, you have got me interested.

smileymountainman.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Any more info on this ride? I will not be able to stay overnight, but can ride for the day on Sunday...also, that is Laconia bike week too in NH. Laconia Bike Week is the world's oldest motorcycle rally and one the largest events of its kind in the country. It's been running strong for over 90 years.

Last edited:
I may be in the obligation to cancel the trip. Because I'm going to Grand Canyon next october for 2 weeks (unexpected and impossible to miss this one), I have to slow down days off at the job...but just to be clear, I really want to go...but my boss have the last word on this one...we are on a pretty big rush at this time of the year and this year is more than busy...I'll try to confirm before the end of april. Last time I've been there it was also the Laconia bike week...man I've never seen so many bike on the top of the hill, it was unbelievable. It would be a pleasure to meet you there nrsheikh !

Sorry OCR, I cannot be there, I have to cancel , too much work, too many things to do and the Grand Canyon trip in october make it difficult to do. I wish we will have other opportunity to ride together.

Back