• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Brake Disc Source

potter0o

Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I checked my rear disk today and found it to be worn outside of spec. Has anyone replaced theirs?

I thought about the EBC route part MD1185C. Had trouble finding it in stock.

For the Honda part 43251MGSD31 the best pricing was from Japan with freight in at $168.75

About 56000 miles. To be fair I was doing gymkhana for a bit and a number of riding training programs which uses a lot of rear brake. I did upgrade the rear pads which leads to more wear on the disc. I don't do much competitive riding any more so I think I will go back to organic pads. Ideally I would like to have it set up for when the rear tire needs changing. The road 5 is working like a champ though.

Just commenting here the OEM price is a lot less than many bikes. When Honda designed the manufacturing process for the NC rear disc they specified using the same piece of steel for 1 front and 1 rear. The piece in the center of the rough disc is usually waste but Honda uses it for a rear disc.

I checked my rear disk today and found it to be worn outside of spec. Has anyone replaced theirs?

I thought about the EBC route part MD1185C. Had trouble finding it in stock.

For the Honda part 43251MGSD31 the best pricing was from Japan with freight in at $168.75
Have you checked for a used one, perhaps taken from a crashed bike and sold on eBay? I
needed a front disk because I bent mine, and a used Honda disk bought on eBay has worked just fine.

I ended up buying the parts from https://japan.webike.net/ Placed the order on July 27. Order shipped July 31 and delivered Aug 3. I got a handful of other parts and shipping for less that what the discounted cost of the disc was from my local dealer. I thought I may get hit with duty but it was not charged.

Back