• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Noco Battery

mzflorida

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_4025.jpegIMG_4026.jpegIMG_4027.jpegI popped in the Noco lithium battery today. It was nice that they include spacers to make up the difference in size between the lead acid and smaller lithium battery. The weight of the two batteries are significantly different though I’m not certain that translates into any real operational benefit. I do have to say the bike starts much faster with the noco.

Thanks for posting your postive evaluation. I am considering the Noco for next time around. If you can offer a long term report in a year or two, that would be great. I probably won’t need an NC battery for until 2028, but my scooter battery is due soon since it’s 8 years old, and my CRF battery is 6 years old.

Thanks for posting your postive evaluation. I am onsidering the Noco for next time around. If you can offer a long term report in a year or two, that would be great. I probably won’t need an NC battery for until 2028, but my scooter battery is due soon since it’s 8 years old, and my CRF battery is 6 years old.
Though this won’t keep us out of a bad situation, I do appreciate the five year warranty. You get outstanding longevity out of your batteries in Illinois; we’re lucky to get 3 years here.

Reactions: MZ5
Though this won’t keep us out of a bad situation, I do appreciate the five year warranty. You get outstanding longevity out of your batteries in Illinois; we’re lucky to get 3 years here.
Yes, I have learned through anecdotal evidence and personal experience that regional climate has a major impact on vehicle battery life. I figure on 7-8 years but it’s not unheard of for them to go 10+ years.

Mz, do you happen to know what the market value of each of the batteries is in your market?

Thanks for posting your postive evaluation. I am considering the Noco for next time around. If you can offer a long term report in a year or two, that would be great. I probably won’t need an NC battery for until 2028, but my scooter battery is due soon since it’s 8 years old, and my CRF battery is 6 years old.
I'm not sure if you are ready to pull the trigger on the scooter battery. It's pretty likely they have it on sale right now at Amazon.

I'm not sure if you are ready to pull the trigger on the scooter battery. It's pretty likely they have it on sale right now at Amazon.
Being near end of our season for scooter riding, I would not bother replacing the battery before next spring. The scooter was ridden last week, and it’s 8 year old battery worked fine. Thanks for the tip on the sale.

On sale at least though today for 100 bucks and free shipping for Prime members.
Thanks for thinking of me. Where I am located, that battery converts into $185 on amazon.ca. I live in a battery friendly climate. I think the stock battery in my 2013 was replaced in 2021. I picked a cheap battery from a local shop for $80 to see what the lifespan would be. I'm coming up to 2.5 years with no regrets so far.

View attachment 53086View attachment 53087View attachment 53088I popped in the Noco lithium battery today. It was nice that they include spacers to make up the difference in size between the lead acid and smaller lithium battery. The weight of the two batteries are significantly different though I’m not certain that translates into any real operational benefit. I do have to say the bike starts much faster with the noco.
mzflorida,
Was curious how the Noco NLP14 battery is performing after a few months. Was there any difficulties installing or any cable attachment issues?

mzflorida,
Was curious how the Noco NLP14 battery is performing after a few months. Was there any difficulties installing or any cable attachment issues?
It’s performing really well. I had no issues attaching the cables but had to widen the terminal which took less than one minute. There were no problems installing it at all. I’m riding my scooter more frequently and leave the NC sit for weeks at time, which is not that long, with no noticeable performance issue.

Good news is I have a ~350 mile day planned for Saturday on the NC with some buddies.

It’s performing really well. I had no issues attaching the cables but had to widen the terminal which took less than one minute. There were no problems installing it at all. I’m riding my scooter more frequently and leave the NC sit for weeks at time, which is not that long, with no noticeable performance issue.

Good news is I have a ~350 mile day planned for Saturday on the NC with some buddies.
hi mike,
enjoy the ride Saturday. weather looks great.
on your recommendation i just purchased a NOCO for my '21 nc. was surprised to see at exactly two years from new and under 1500 miles i needed to replace the battery. up north using the same protocols as here i get 5+ years from a battery. this bike sits in a hot garage here from mid may until late october on the battery maintainer. (bikes up north sit in a cold garage from mid ocotber until mid may) the NOCO came in at 13.28 volts. i'm going to put it on a lithium charger/maintainer for a few hours before installing this weekend. thanks for the recommendation and ride safe. (they're nuts down here)

Back