• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Night Rider!!!

TechiePilot

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
"Shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist..."

I did my first night ride this evening, and I must say that it was indeed a pleasurable commute. Hopefully I can get a few of my biker buddies to join me for an eveing jaunt on a regular basis while the weather is still good and the temps are in the 70s (for their comfort).

The headlight throw on normal beam made for almost seamless lighting between lamp posts. High beam really clears the way!!

How have you all been faring?

I agree with your high beam observation. It does the job, -and then some! I work on 2nd shift.
The roads I travel are rural and have many deer skirting or crossing the roadway. Tonight, I bet I passed 5-7 deer in 2 different groups. Traveling
slower on the way home, allows more reaction time to these skittish critters.

Daylight traveling to work 55-60 mph. The midnight ride home, 45 mph. Its an 18 mile trip, one way.

I have to agree that the headlight is much better than those on many bigger bikes including my Crossrunner. As a shift worker who often has to ride both to work and home again in the dark on the same day good lights are important to me.

I have had the chance only once to ride in the dark. I must say it is a different environment and the NCX headlights do work well (good and bright enough). However I would only consider some serious auxiliary beam-lights if one is to ride more in the dark. This not only helps increase visibility on the roads to the rider, it also increases visibility to other motorist. Seeing 3 lights is sure to tell them a motorcycle is coming, and they can aim accurately. :p

Thanks for the feedback mpgandfun
I understand your reticence in being cautious, especially with the 'wildlife' out on the town. I'd definitely do the same too. One can never have too much time to react with those party animals around. My work commute is 11miles in about 20 mins, and the speed limit ranges from 25 to 40, but I have to admit that last night I was in no particular hurry. Thankfully, the people aren't wild ;-)

Happy, if you want to spring for the foglamp accessory, that will definitely add more lighting up front for ya. I've gotta mow the grass today, but maybe I'll go riding later in the evening when I'm done, just for the fun of it...

Happy, if you want to spring for the foglamp accessory, that will definitely add more lighting up front for ya. I've gotta mow the grass today, but maybe I'll go riding later in the evening when I'm done, just for the fun of it...

I just came back from a ride "in the dark". Must be my eyes aging way faster than my brains....I certainly need more lights at night. (dusk phenomenon).

However, having said that, I seldom ride after the sun comes down....afraid of those vampire drivers....drunk and blind.
:p

The lights are very good on the NCX. A lot better than my other bikes with OEM lighting. The older I get the more light I like.
I may upgrade my NCX's lights in the future, since more is better.
After upgrading my GL1200 lights to HID I almost have enough on it.

Back