• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Rider - NC700X

Thanks. An auto is more of a "requirement" than "want", and after years of automatic cars I'm not sure I'd want a full-time manual anyway. I'm not racing it, and in M mode I can hold the gears that I want, so it is almost pointless getting a manual. DCT is the best of both without losing options.

Best regards,
BikerDude.

I ride about 75 miles per day, to get to work and back. For me, it's essentially all freeway, with some open county roads as well. For my needs, the manual transmission is perfectly acceptable. However, if I had to do much riding in town or on city streets, I think the DCT would be the obvious choice, for exactly the reasons you state. I've never been to the UK, so I don't know what it's like to ride where you are, but I'm sure the DCT is brilliant! In fact, if it (and ABS) cost us more like $1,000 extra here rather than $2,000, I'd probably have bought it anyway.

I recommend that riders new to the DCT practice the slow tight turns and figure 8's. It is quite different not having a clutch for that fine control in tight spaces. A little too much throttle can easily put you where you don't want to be.

In tight turns where finesse is needed that can be provided by light pressure on the rear brake. I ride a Yamaha FJR with electronic shifting and that slow speed issue is easy to resolve.

Back