• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Midas E-07 and a Nail

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was getting the NC ready for a little trip this weekend and noticed a nail in the rear tire! Upon closer inspection it looked like it didn't actually penetrate all the way through the tire, just through a tread knob and into the outer rubber layer. Plus the tire was holding air pressure fine.

I debated for awhile then went ahead and removed the nail. So far so good, no sign of air escaping from the tire and pressure is holding.

Do you think the tire will be safe for 400 miles this weekend?

belrix

Attachments

• Nail-1.jpg
    Nail-1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 201
  • Nail-2.jpg
    Nail-2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Nail-3.jpg
    Nail-3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 180
I love those tires. I think I'll replace my Heidenau k60 with the Mitas E-07 next time.

300 miles rode without loosing pressure!!!

I really like the Midas rear tire also. I really, really wish they would make a 17" front tire.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

On my front, I ran an Avon Distanzia but wasn't happy with the performance. It cupped really badly. Now I have a Pirelli Scorpion Trail and am happy so far. Miles will tell.

To be honest only fault I have with the TKC-80 I've been running is the noise. Think I'll try a set of Shinko 705's in the spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back