• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lowering NC750X

Look what came today. Going to lower my 2014 40mm front and back. Looks pretty straight forward. Just wondering if it will affect chain tightness? Anything else I should be aware of? I do not have a centre stand and going to cut 40 mm out of the side stand and weld it back together. I think that’s all but any pointers are always appreciated:)View attachment 50277
image.jpg

Just wonder why the instructions say to only lower front by 5 to 15 mm I was planning on Lowering the front the same as the back 40mm? Not sure what would be the issue? Has anyone else done this? I would like the exact same tracking as I have now.
Because the front fender will crack from hitting the bottom of the triple tree if you lower it 40 mm to match the rear. If you only lower the forks 15 mm the brake hoses might hit the fender and abrade the paint. Mine do at only 12 mm lower. I only lowered the forks what I did to sharpen the handling. Lowering the rear more than the front will change the steering geometry in a way that slows or dulls the steering response. I wouldn't do it like that but that's just my 5' 6" opinion.

Because the front fender will crack from hitting the bottom of the triple tree if you lower it 40 mm to match the rear. If you only lower the forks 15 mm the brake hoses might hit the fender and abrade the paint. Mine do at only 12 mm lower. I only lowered the forks what I did to sharpen the handling. Lowering the rear more than the front will change the steering geometry in a way that slows or dulls the steering response. I wouldn't do it like that but that's just my 5' 6" opinion.
well thanks. I guess I will try 15mm on the front and see how that handles.

Last edited:
Sooooo I couldn’t do it. Going to leave it stock. Just couldn’t come to grips with the geometric changes involved. For sale “LUST 40 mm lowering links :)

How did you come to use 40 mm lowering links?
I remember that 10 years ago I was experimenting with different links length and different lowering of the front. I decided to use links 17 mm longer and lower the front by 19 mm as the most optimal. I also measured the rake (caster) angle so that it was close to the original - 27 deg.

IMG_0357 (800x450).jpg

How did you come to use 40 mm lowering links?
I remember that 10 years ago I was experimenting with different links length and different lowering of the front. I decided to use links 17 mm longer and lower the front by 19 mm as the most optimal. I also measured the rake (caster) angle so that it was close to the original - 27 deg.

View attachment 50288
Well I put pieces of wood under each foot untill both feet were flat foot. Was 40 mm under each foot to get there. Then I just ordered the corresponding links from Lust racing.

I used Soupy's variable length links, and lowered mine 1.5" (I have a 27 inseam), raised the forks in the triple clamps to maintain the geometry, I used a 3:1 ratio Back/Front. It helps at uneven stops and parking lots. I can get 1 foot down flat now, that's mostly all I need. It didn't affect the handling, but I found the pegs will scrape once in a while now. I may at some point raise back up with the stock links, but at my age, looking for easier mount/dismount.

Oh, I also went to a local welding shop and had them cut/weld out about 1" off the sidestand, and bought a centerstand made for the NC700S. It's a little shorter and works just fine.

Back