• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Low speed vibration

Canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

I just finished breaking in the engine of my new NC 2016 and had the first maintenance service done. But since it got out of the dealership that has done the maintenance, it started to show a sort of vibration at very low speed. Clutch in or in gear, front brake engaged or not, there's a vibration at exactly 8 km/h (5 mph).

The easiest way to describe it is like when the rubber brake of the front wheel of a bicycle rubs against the rim. After checking, it's not grease on the brake disk, tire pressure is ok, rim is in good condition. It's a total mystery.

Any one here experienced that kind of problem? I find it odd that it happens every time the bike hits 8 km/h. At higher speed, everything is fine. I'll have it checked out next week. I was just curious to see if I was the only one with that issue.

Thanks, and ride safe!!

My guess would be a tire balance thing. I have had similar things happen with vehicle tires. For me it was OK at really slow speed, starts shaking around 10km/h and smooth out by 15km/h. That was with a ford explorer with blown out shocks.

or chain badly adjusted during service. When I picked mine up after the 600 service the chain was rock solid tight. It didn't produce the symptom you describe but maybe out of alignment might.
Mike

PROBLEM SOLVED. Thanks for the hint @mike5100. It was indeed the chain, which was way too tight. It had less than 1 cm (1/3 in.) of freeplay. Should've had twice that. Fixed it myself, and the bike is now smooth as ever.

You bring the bike to "knowledgeable" mechanics at an autorized dealership and that's what you get. Pffff. They won't see me again, that's for sure!

Gone ridin'. :p

PROBLEM SOLVED. Thanks for the hint @mike5100. It was indeed the chain, which was way too tight. It had less than 1 cm (1/3 in.) of freeplay. Should've had twice that. Fixed it myself, and the bike is now smooth as ever.

You bring the bike to "knowledgeable" mechanics at an autorized dealership and that's what you get. Pffff. They won't see me again, that's for sure!

Gone ridin'. :p

Je crois pas que ça sera mieux chez un autre concessionnaire, j'ai appris a faire la maintenance par moi-même le plus possible, s'il y a quelqu'un a blâmer, ce sera moi ;)

Back