• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Largest tire maker

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On the subject of tires, let's have a little trivia. Who is the largest tire manufacturer in the world?

For hint, see picture:
image.jpg

(From Wikipedia): A Lego tire is a rubber tire manufactured by the toy building block company The Lego Group for use on vehicles within their Lego building sets. The tires are available in a range of sizes depending on the application. Lego first began manufacturing tires in 1962 and included them in what would become their most popular set at the time. Previously, the only tire options for Lego users were either purchasing complete car kits from Lego, or building their own tires out of existing Lego blocks. Lego produced 381 million tires in 2011, making them the world's largest tire manufacturer by number of units produced.

and Titan is the manufacturer of the largest production tire... so kinda also the largest tire maker in a sense ;)

9726_310708113502.jpg

and Titan is the manufacturer of the largest production tire... so kinda also the largest tire maker in a sense ;)

9726_310708113502.jpg

That was pretty cool to click open this thread and see that picture. I worked at the Decatur, IL. Caterpillar plant for 7 years. They build the second largest truck in the world at that plant and that tire is most likely going on a CAT truck from the looks of the wheel.

I had a friend who's job was to mount the tires to the wheels. No spin balancer but plenty of caged area to protect everyone from flying objects if the tires do not cooperate. They don't even balance the smaller tires on the motor grader factory where I work. Keep in mind these vehicles will never see much over 30 mph. I think a motor grader tops out at 31mph.

Cool photo though. I've been in the truck that wears theese tires.

No wonder the DOD budget is so big. ;). Ride-On ain't cheap.

Back