• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just wrote the check today

navigator

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been following the forum for a few months and ordered a NC700X in early December. Well today I went to the dealer, wrote the check and am now the owner of one of the beasties. Unfortunately the temperature here in Montana when I set out to drive it home was 18 deg F. For those in the forum who aren't familiar with that measurement system let me be the first to assure you that 18 deg F is, in my humble opinion, way too cold to be riding anything that isn't enclosed and with a really good heater. Anyhow after a 20 minute ride to the house I parked it in the garage staggered into the house, poured myself a cup of hot coffee, poured a shot of rum into it, and realized I was doing some serious smiling. :eek:

Now the long wait for Spring begins.

Congrats Navigator! I did a cross-country trip on my old cruiser a while back, saw a whole lot of these United States, and thought Montana to be the most beautiful ride of them all. Big Sky is not a lie!

Great! I glad you have your bike!
18*F really isn't that bad if you have the right gear. I had the heat turned off on my jacket most of the way, but had the gloves cranked up all the way.

Congrats! I'm hoping to finalize my purchase soon (as soon as the boss agrees), maybe tomorrow if I can sneak out.

Sneaking behind the Boss keeps marriage in the proper state of affairs. I took mine out for lunch and a pitcher of beer then dropped my wish list on her. Congrats on the new Bike. I love Montana, beautiful place in the summer.

Congrats on your purchase!
You may have a short riding season, but you sure have some good roads up there!!!

Sneaking behind the Boss keeps marriage in the proper state of affairs. I took mine out for lunch and a pitcher of beer then dropped my wish list on her. Congrats on the new Bike. I love Montana, beautiful place in the summer.

Its always better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

You fellows have clearly missed the Women's Movement.
They say all men and women are equal.

In that case, you can go ahead and buy anything you want, in the same fashion when she buys her Prada shoes and Louis Vuitton bags.
All's fair and equal.
:p

Congrats on the new machine. If it makes you feel a bit better, the weather here is overcast, 40 F. with drizzle and 96% humidity. I guess I could take a ride but it sure is not enjoyable for me.
And when I get a new motorcycle the wife just looks at the check I wrote and smiles. This last time she got a new leather recliner among other things. Keeps peace in the family though.

Art

Congratulations! Glad it was just cold! Been through Missoula many times in the winter when there was snow and ice to contend with. Spring/summer will come and you will have lots of wide open spaces to enjoy your ride.

As for those who check, or don't check, with the 'boss', I started a savings account many years ago where I stashed away birthday and Christmas gift money, plus honorariums I received. I initially called it my Harley Fund, thinking one day I would buy one. Dumb me, I never actually looked at one. Then one day I saw the price of those babies and knew I would never save enough before senility set in. Then, the NC came along, and there were sufficient funds for the purchase, so I made the leap. Since it was my little stash of cash the 'boss' had nothing to say.

Congrats!! Been in Montana before as well. Back in fall of 2000 when you guys were having those real bad forest fires in the Lolo National forest. Got deployed as a part of the 1st Cav. Div. to go up there and fight fires with shovels and pick axes and such. Beautiful country, when it's not burning..

Even got to see a Grizzlies game for free when it was raining since mother nature was doing our job for us. ;)

Back